Nano Iwagumi Planted "serene".. That's The Goal!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wow that looks great, can you take a top down photo looks like every inch is covered.

Robbo85 said:
wow that looks great, can you take a top down photo looks like every inch is covered.

Thanks Robbo85!! Sadly not every inch is totally covered, it's a little sparse around the dragon rock and near the glass! For only 19 days since planting however, I don't think its doing too badly!

This is it from above! 

IMG_0095_2.jpg

its amazing, I love it!

I would put in a really nice Betta in it, maybe a white one so it looked like a cloud .

Robbo85 said:
its amazing, I love it!

I would put in a really nice Betta in it, maybe a white one so it looked like a cloud .

I've already got an aquanano with a betta in so this time I'm looking for something a little different - i was thinking of getting some shrimp and maybe a shoal of celestial pearl danio? What do you think?

According to Seriously Fish, celestial pearl danios should be kept in large numbers to disperse the aggression of the males. Seriously Fish seems to be a respected source. Read what they say on the subject to see if your tank suits the requirements of that species.

Absolutely gorgeous :) I'd stick to shrimp or a single betta though. If you do go shrimp is there a certain type you're thinking of?

fishmad135 said:

its amazing, I love it!

I've already got an aquanano with a betta in so this time I'm looking for something a little different - i was thinking of getting some shrimp and maybe a shoal of celestial pearl danio? What do you think?

i think it may be too small a tank for them really, 10 gallons would be the minimum and  they need to be in a good size group and you would need more females to males and its the males that are patterned ones that do look amazing so even if it was a 10 gallon you could probably only get a few males.

if not the betta then I would say shrimp would be the only alternative but you can get some really nice colours now, maybe crystal or blue shrimp

BeckyCats said:
According to Seriously Fish, celestial pearl danios should be kept in large numbers to disperse the aggression of the males. Seriously Fish seems to be a respected source. Read what they say on the subject to see if your tank suits the requirements of that species.
Hi BeckyCats, thanks for your comment! Yep, Seriously Fish is a brilliant website although I've never found much serious aggression from male CPDs (only small amount of chasing when females are gravid), my community tank is really heavily planted though (with a much higher ratio of females to males) so maybe that prevents aggression and keeps everyone calm! My other tanks are bigger however which will be a contributing factor!  

Ninjouzata said:
Absolutely gorgeous
smile.png
I'd stick to shrimp or a single betta though. If you do go shrimp is there a certain type you're thinking of?
Thank you Ninjouzata! I'm deffo up for some shrimp, however, I'm really not a fan of Bettas, I have one in my other AquaNano tank and I'm not sure I want any more, as much as I love him to pieces I do find him quite limiting! This is him:
IMG_5349.JPG

Robbo85 said:

its amazing, I love it!

i think it may be too small a tank for them really, 10 gallons would be the minimum and  they need to be in a good size group and you would need more females to males and its the males that are patterned ones that do look amazing so even if it was a 10 gallon you could probably only get a few males.

if not the betta then I would say shrimp would be the only alternative but you can get some really nice colours now, maybe crystal or blue shrimp

Hey again Robbo85! Yeah, this tank would deffo be too small for adults, however, I was thinking (once this tank is more densely planted) of moving some of the juvenile CPDs I have in my other planted tank at home and use this as a nursery tank perhaps? What do you think? As I'm guessing they will be just under 1cm when I get back with the tank from uni it might be a nice intermediate between their current fry tank and the main community tank? 

I've done some reading on various other species such as Boraras spp. such as dwarf or mosquito which have been reported to respond well to small shoals of species only tanks of around 30x30x30cm! Any thoughts on this alternative? 

IMG_6748.JPG

Heres how it looks tonight: 

IMG_0096_3.jpg

Absolutely in love with the Staurogyne repens and Alternanthera spp. 'red', they're beginning to get really thick and bushy!
wub.png

BeckyCats said:
Very beautiful!

Thanks! I can't wait till the Hemianthus gets so thick that it can be cut into a lawn.. Being very impatient 
whistling.gif

[/quote]

[/quote]
Hey again Robbo85! Yeah, this tank would deffo be too small for adults, however, I was thinking (once this tank is more densely planted) of moving some of the juvenile CPDs I have in my other planted tank at home and use this as a nursery tank perhaps? What do you think? As I'm guessing they will be just under 1cm when I get back with the tank from uni it might be a nice intermediate between their current fry tank and the main community tank? 

I've done some reading on various other species such as Boraras spp. such as dwarf or mosquito which have been reported to respond well to small shoals of species only tanks of around 30x30x30cm! Any thoughts on this alternative? 

attachicon.gif
IMG_6748.JPG[/quote]

It's soo nice I'm fear tempted to give it a go myself,

Yeah I suppose that would work, whatever you stock it with will look awesome

Robbo85 said:
It's soo nice I'm fear tempted to give it a go myself,

Yeah I suppose that would work, whatever you stock it with will look awesome

Haha you seriously should do! They're really neat aquariums and they come with the light, filter and heater! 
Probably just start with shrimp and see how they do!

Afternoon Guys, I hope you're having a brilliant Sunday! 
flowers.gif

Here is a close up on the plants of the background plants, I was thinking maybe I'd do a step by step post on how I trim each plant so other people can get tips and other people can give me tips? Whatcha think? 
IMG_0097_2.jpg
I put some Hygrophilia pinnatifida in some of the  dragon rock craters  and surprisingly they've rooted in fast! 
huh.png
 Whoopiee! 
IMG_0098_2.jpg
I also spotted a lone snail in my tank.. to keep or not to keep? I'd feel so bad removing him but I don't want my tank to become overrun with the little beasties.. 
evilmad.gif
 At home I just put the snails in my pond however here I'd have nowhere to put him! 
noexpression.gif

I've decided I'm not really a fan of the Limnophila... Can anyone suggest a good background plant for a nano tank? I've been looking at Hemianthus micranthemum however I'm lost as to whether this species is carpet, mid ground or background! Any thoughts?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back