My Planted Tank Journal

well been having a good read and the cloudy ness can be from a few things really.

1, dosing traces and kno3 in the same day.
2, using to much dechlorinator when doing the water change.
3, bacterial bloom

personally i think i may of added too much dechlorinator. i know its not od food as i feed once a day.

any help would be good

jake

i dont know wether to use the solution that came with it or make the 4dk one, my tank is only a low ph kh aswell mine hasn't risen over the 6.4ph.

Do you mean this dropper came with a 4dKH solution, or are you referring to the reagent bottle?

Dave.

no it just came with the reagent bottle, but no real guides lol

all that came with it was a chart of ph with different colours

so i was in two minds to make up the 4dk solution like tom barr, then i know for deffo what is going on,

but like i say my main concern is the cloudyness, would a uv steriliser do anything to my situation???

jake

It's a beautiful planted tank. So amazing reading how it tranforms in such a short time. Well done Jake! :good:

thanks,

it was beautiful till the bloom :(

im keeping up the water changes and less feeding hope everything goes ok, i had an angel fish die last night/this morning,

im not sure my water is hard enough its approx 2.8-3.0 would it be wise to up the kh with baking soda???

jake

A KH (carbonate hardness) of 2.8/3°d is fine and you shouldnt need to raise it.

i use walker aquatics in bacup/rotenstall.

its a very nice famliy run business, they also give good advice.

in a little update, the bloom has now gone :-

and i decided to rescape the jungle lol

i removed some of the plants i didn't like mainly water sprite and added more of the ones i did.

pics mite have to wait till tuesday though as my camera/phome cable is at work lol

on a sad note most of the amano shrimps have died :(

jake

Sorry to hear that,atleast the bloom has gone.Great tsnk btw.

here are the updated pics, tank is now taking a shape i like

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01214.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

jake

yeah, plants are doing really good, i had to throw a few out when i moved them out.

they grow so quick when you ei dose lol

im glad the bloom has gone, dont know what started it or what made it go away lol

jake

Most reactions

Back