My Planted Tank Journal

looking good.

/me eyes up the dead wall under stairs.

/me ask the other half her opinion on cutting a hole in the wall.

/me gets a stern look and told to keep it at 3 tanks :(

:| keep up the journal good to read and see what going on.

that tank gets better every time i see it i cant beleive how much it flourished aftera week!

did all my tests with the api kit

they are as follows

ph-6.4
kh-50ppm
phosphate-5.0ppm
ammonia-0.0ppm
nitrite-0.0ppm
nitrate-8.0

so all i need to do is up the nitrate and down the phospahte(which has decresed 10ppm in less than a week)

also added some more ricca to complement the dwarf ricca that was in there,

jake

Nice tank! If only my mom would let me cut a hole in the wall...

finally, here are some more pics of the tank,

loaches

DSC01121p.jpg

random

DSC01143p.jpg

siamese

DSC01155p.jpg

DSC01158p.jpg

more random

DSC01160p.jpg

plec

DSC01169p.jpg

DSC01174p.jpg

amano shrimp hunting for food

DSC01182p.jpg

and eating it

DSC01185p.jpg

jake

Holy hell, I WANT YOUR TANK!
Just... Holy crap it's amazing.
We REALLY need to get ahold of a co2 kit!! If that is what it does in just a week... DANG.

Your tank is just absolutely stunning. I hope we can have one that looks that great.

One thing.. Keep an eye on your betta's fins. Some of those fish might see the bettas fins as fair game for nibbling.

all the fish have been together for around 6 months in there previous tank, and they seem ok, we did have tiger barbs but they were nippy so went back

jake

week three now

DSC01200.jpg

week2
DSC01095week2.jpg

week1
DSC01024week1.jpg

on friday i tested my tank everything was fine bar the phosphate and the nitrate so i added more nitrate to get the correct ppm but being foolish i also added 10ml of trace, which i later found out makes the water cloudy.

so i did an early 50% water change and used mt tetra-safe dechlorinator which made a film on the surface, bloody stuff.

so i moved my internal filter up just to give a little more surface aggitaion, not breaking the surface but just getting it moving.

could this be all it is, as it has never been cloudy, also im struggling to get the phosphate down below 5.

jake

The tank's immense! I see you've got a drop checker ( I think )... Don't really know how to use it though...

thank you,

i dont know wether to use the solution that came with it or make the 4dk one, my tank is only a low ph kh aswell mine hasn't risen over the 6.4ph.

my main concern is the cloudyness- just hope it goes

jake

Most reactions

Back