My Planted Tank Journal

this is where im at now, big difference to the planted tank i know, but the fish will bring the colour out.

DSC01325.jpg

jake

That's a shame.
What are you doing with all the equipment from the planted tank?

dunno-

the co2 canister was lease through work, but the gauge n stuff i had to buy, mite sell it

jake

Lol noooooooooooooo! :rolleyes:
I just read this thread for the first time and was thinking "woah thats a nice planted tank" then suddenly all the plants are gone! :eek:

I'm sure it will still look good once the fish are in...but the new set-up is definitely going to bring a different atmosphere to the room :).

hey guy's,

got back from the fish shop around 2hrs ago. bought my first 6 fish. just hope i did right lol as i may have one suspect fish hahahaha

here they are:

1 Pseudotropheus Demasoni (Mozambique)
1 Aulonocara jacobfreibergi
3 Labidochromis caeruleus (1male/2female)
1 haplochromis ahli

all seem nice good fish, they are now wizzing around the tank finding there homes.

jake

I wouldnt mix haps and mbuna mate they have different dieatry requirements haps are carnivorous but mbuna are herbivorous and onmiorous and can not digest rich meaty foods that the haps require. also your tank is a bit on the small side for peacocks and haps.

As everyone else has already said, that is a real shame...

Did you just throw all the plants away? :sad:

Anyhow, I like the new look... :good:

Yeah mate i know that now, lol it was the lfs guy who said they'd go together. they've been returned shame tho as they were nice.

plants are in a bin bag out back lol, nowt else i could do with them tbh, dint want to set up two tanks as it would be to much care/attention not to mention cost lol
anywho's here are some pics.

just bought a new camera so here are some better quality pics:

c.jpg

g.jpg

c-1.jpg

cb.jpg

fg.jpg

l.jpg

mm.jpg

n.jpg

o.jpg

op.jpg

ss.jpg

jake

been rescaping the tank this aft,

what do you guys think? i love its new look.

newtankshotbaby.jpg

took a couple of hrs to do.

tbh im surprised its not murkier( new word)

to make sure i have enough hiding places i also put in pyrimids of tube in so they can play in that

jake

Most reactions

Back