My Community Tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

IMG_3141.jpg

Here is is! <3 It's used, so we got it really cheap: only 250€ for everything. It's going to our kitchen on wednesday.
This is going to be our little project tank, and we'll take our time with it: clean it good, replace the silicones if needed (it's not even difficult to do yourself!) put new hoses to it's external filter, new lights, get some new sand and a bottle of bacteria (can't remember the name) for cyckling it etc. And spent some good about 3 weeks doing fishless cyckle and aquaskaping it. The main reason for this tank is for breeding L260's as I said before, but I'm also going to make it pretty as L260's don't tend to eat plants. I also may take some pretty tetras in there to have some color and movement. Maybe I'll have my smaller shoal of kardinal tetras in there where there isn't any danger for them! :D

If you people won't mind, I'm going to make this my aquarium journal. :p So much happening right now!

Two of my four apple snails laid eggs last night. The male is pink shelled with yellow foot and the female is light blue (or actually white) with blue foot. They made three sets above water level as they are supposed to. It's going to tak 2-3 weeks for the little ones to hatch. :hyper:

omps005.jpg

Aw! they will be cute! :sly: or loach food? Can't wait to see what you do with the new tank. Your first one is beautiful. I love the sense of humor with the plant pot :good:

The apple snails are living in the 45-liter one, so no worries about loaches! :D Luckily I know that apple snails can be sold quite easily, especially in any other color than yellow, so I'm not too worried about the amount of eggs right now. I know though that if they are to lay some more, I have to destroy them so there won't be an overflow of little snails. Luckily my common-law-husband's little sisters also have a 100 liter tank, so we can give a few to them... :good:

Got my new tank today! :wub:

I'll post a picture when I'm starting to cycle it.

Here's a new video of my 612-liter one. :)

plrp025.jpg

So, we started cycling our new one today! It looks like nothing because I have to fix one of the bigger pieces of the wood (it's too big) before putting it in, and my hubby visits nearby slate mine to get our some nice, black slate. And, the plants are going in later anyway. I used BioDigest ampuls and some moosehornsalt to start it up, because one can't by liquid ammonia in here without special permission.

The lights are horribly yellowish, but will do until I find some proper new ones.

askartel004.jpg

This is how we are doing today, third day of cycling. The water is a bit cloudy from putting stuff in.

My tanks seem to be mysterious for some reason, haha! :D

lol It's great though, There are a few members on here that when a picture of there tank shows up, I know right away whose it is. Or I have a good guess. You have a style. :p

Is that a spoon in the second one lol? Looks brilliant especially the first one well done!

Is that a spoon in the second one lol? Looks brilliant especially the first one well done!

Yeah, I use spoons when giving vegetables to my fishies and I forgot to take that one out before taking a picture! :D

I having a blog about my tanks, especially the new one. It's in finnish, though, but you can look at the pictures! :D
:good:

http://liquefied.blogspot.com

I calculated the sizes of my tanks in feet and gallons:

170 x 60 x 60 cm, 612 liters.
5,57 x 1,9 x 1,9 feet, 161,6 US gallons.

60 x 25 x 35 cm, 45 liters.
1,9 x 0,8 x 1,1 feet, 11,6 US gallons.

100 x 40 x 50 cm, 200 liters.
3,2 x 1,3 x 1,6 feet, 52,8 US gallons.

:)

Going to do a pictured update tomorrow!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back