My Community Tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks. ^^ Yeah, my algae eaters are really interested in everything, as they come to my hand as well...

I use a little digital pocket camera, nothing special. Sony Cyber-Shot with 12.1 megapixels, and it actually isn't even that good of a camera! :D

Your main tank is beautiful, but I have to say, I do like the spoon in your 45L! :hey: :)

Ahhaha! I just noticed it myself, I forgot to take the spoon away before taking the picture... :D I use them to give watermelon or cucumber to my fish. :blush: Apple snails like cucumber too.

j007.jpg

The main tank today. We have added and moved the plants a bit, I like it better now.

And Megara the Emerald cichlid is posing. :D

Thank you. ^^

Our tanks have been alone for 5 days now since we are visiting London. Cleaned them up and did our normal weekly water changes, left some holiday food for the smaller one and put our automatic feeding machine for the bigger tank.

Hope they will be allright! I'm like a mother leaving kids for summer camp and worrying all the time. :crazy: My fish are my babies!

I love what the spot-lights can do. Think it looks much better than strip lighting. But dont you get water everywhere? (evaporation & splash)

Also really like your catfish

Not actually, because my fish are quite calm, so any kind of splashing is extremely rare. I've also noticed that it doesn't matter that much if you have glasses on or not when it comes to evoporation, as the water is going to do that always when the water is warmer than the air around it. Also, evoporating water would eventually stain the top glasses with chalk.

Evoporation actually is good for my common-law-husband because it keeps our apartment's air more moist, making it easier from him to breathe. He has astma and various allergies, which only got worse after surviving cancer, so our tanks are helping him. :nod:

Beautiful tank. I love your Chocolate/Emerald Cichlid, she's quite stunning. I must say, I am amazed she hasn't thinned your population of cardinals though.

We actually have lost few cardinal tetras after getting her, and I'm sure it was the emerald, but the cardinals are getting to old age as well, so we are already thingking of finding a new kind of shoaling fish that would be big enough to survive. Or we just might take more siamese algae eaters to get their school bigger. Don't know.

The old set of cardinal tetras came with the tank, so they are clearly old (maybe 4 years already?) and we kind of saved the emerald. She was being bullied by two male emeralds in a tank too small, and their owner was desperate to find a home big enough for her, and basically we were the only option within 70 km.

It's a shame that the cardinals are so colourful, they would have looked wonderful in a big school. Any ideas of a schooling fish that is colourful but way bigger and could do with the fish I already have?

If you like the blue and red take a look at praecox rainbows (I may have spelled that wrong), or Colombian tetras. The rainbows tend to shoal better, but the tetras have equal color between the males and females.

Thanks, I have many bigger tetras in mind as rainbowfish's needs are a bit different from my tank, and I' trying to keep my fish in water conditions they need... Therefore I have to be very spesific of what I can take! :)

Another option is Red line torpedo barbs. They are quite expensive in here (15€ a piece) but should be worth it. In general all our fish have been quite expensive, so that's normal for us. :D

I'm going to get 5 new clown loaches tomorrow, can't wait! :wub: That grows my school of clown loaches to 11.

Got my clown loaches and they sure are lively! Put some action to the older ones, too, it's obvious that bigger school is always better.

OMG! My hubby and I are going to buy a third aquarium soon! :hey: It's going to be black Wromak, 200 liters, and we have been planning to aquascape it perhaps, and mainly use it for breeding L260's... :wub:

Most reactions

Back