Kick-Off Tomorrow - 2010 Fifa World Cup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
You cannot believe the atmosphere here in SA... we even have to start work an hour earlier tomorrow so that all employees can leave an hour earlier to watch the opening game between SA and Mexico... everything on TV, Radio, the media, and everywhere is centered around the Fifa world cup.... and it also appears that every kid on the block has a vuvazella!!!... I hate the sound of it, yet it is promoted....

Anybody attending a match.... take a decent pair of hearing protectors with... one game with those can make you permanently hearing disabled.

we even have to start work an hour earlier tomorrow so that all employees can leave an hour earlier to watch the opening game between SA and Mexico...

Man, why can't the US Government do that for us when we have the World Series? :lol: Or the Superbowl?

No, wait, that stinks. Why not just give everyone the day off?

what is a vuvazella ?

You do not want to know!!!... it is a trumpet-like blower which produces the most awful sounds and is basically handed out to all South Africans at stop streets, in the malls, and everywhere you go in support of their National Soccer team - the "Bafana Bafana"... (meaning "Young men")... I can already foresee that these instruments blown off in a spectators's ear will cause major havoc in the stadiums.... they sound terrible!

Ok if football starts tomorrow...... I'm locking myself in my bedroom, with my fish, till it finishes with no food and drink! It's on how long? If it's more than half a year then i'll have to come out of my room but less than that and i should be fine!
You probably guessed. I HATE FOOTBALL!!!!!! lol I'm not trying to ruin this thread just saying that's what i'll be doing while it's on.

Alessa x.

Ok if football starts tomorrow...... I'm locking myself in my bedroom, with my fish, till it finishes with no food and drink! It's on how long? If it's more than half a year then i'll have to come out of my room but less than that and i should be fine!
You probably guessed. I HATE FOOTBALL!!!!!! lol I'm not trying to ruin this thread just saying that's what i'll be doing while it's on.

Alessa x.

Alessa... on this one.... I fully agree with you... I've never been a Soccer fan, & also wish to be locked up for the duration.... it is 31 days of aggony!!!!

we even have to start work an hour earlier tomorrow so that all employees can leave an hour earlier to watch the opening game between SA and Mexico...

Man, why can't the US Government do that for us when we have the World Series? :lol: Or the Superbowl?

Ha!!!... you have a sense of humour???....

Alessa x.

Alessa... on this one.... I fully agree with you... I've never been a Soccer fan, & also wish to be locked up for the duration.... it is 31 days of aggony!!!!

Oh lol. Then i'll be locked in my room with my fish for 31 days ! :D

Alessa x.

Ha!!!... you have a sense of humour???....

Of course I have a sense of humor. I am here aren't I? :lol:

How are the opening ceremonies so far?

nice goal from SA great way to start the world cup

Gee I spoke too soon maxico just equalized

A Well.... a 1 all draw.... SA is ranked 83rd and Mexico 17th, so I s'pose they can feel satisfied.... Well done to both sides.

nice goal from SA great way to start the world cup

Gee I spoke too soon maxico just equalized

A Well.... a 1 all draw.... SA is ranked 83rd and Mexico 17th, so I s'pose they can feel satisfied.... Well done to both sides.
i wouldnt be after that performance SA deserved the win just a lapse in concentration let bafana down good opening game though

It was a good first game. Though I couldn't watch it all because of work :(

My BF in Brasil said his street is blocked off atm as his neighbors got together to paint the entire street in green and yellow.

At least with the goalless draw between France and Urugay last night, SA still have a foot in the door... if they win one of the 2 remaining first round games.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back