Journal – Breeding German Blue Rams (Mikrogeophagus Ramirezi)

Quick Update.

Just been in to feed the parents to be (hopefully) and i would say around 75% of the eggs have changed colour to a greyish/browny colour. Which i believe means they are fertilised eggs. You can see a difference in colour on the photo below. This time the male ram is on guard.

IMAG0556.jpg

Cheers
LP

lets hope they all start wriggling!

well done LP. :good:

congrats!

my rainbows recently decided to spawn and raise their fry in the most popular open swimming side of the tank, all my fish are so confused as to where they can hang out now, especially my corys who have no idea whats going on. these free swimmers arent going to last long im my tank.

good luck with yours tho!!!

lets hope they all start wriggling!

well done LP. :good:

Well tonight i should hopefully see some hatching as its around the 40hr mark for this to start happening so fingers crossed :)

congrats!

my rainbows recently decided to spawn and raise their fry in the most popular open swimming side of the tank, all my fish are so confused as to where they can hang out now, especially my corys who have no idea whats going on. these free swimmers arent going to last long im my tank.

good luck with yours tho!!!

Cheers mate. You not got a spare tank to place the fry in ?

LP

Oh oh, no more eggs. Looks like they have eaten them. Had a good look around the tank to see if they had moved any but i cannot find anything. Nevermind. Lets see how they get on next time.

Im going to add a few slate pieces in the tank to see if they spawn on them next time. If they do i may remove the eggs after they spawn to a seperate tank.

LP

Oh oh, no more eggs. Looks like they have eaten them. Had a good look around the tank to see if they had moved any but i cannot find anything. Nevermind. Lets see how they get on next time.

Im going to add a few slate pieces in the tank to see if they spawn on them next time. If they do i may remove the eggs after they spawn to a seperate tank.

LP
oh no! :( good job us humans arent like that...although sometimes...... :crazy:

Its a shame it happend but Rams are known to do this. Lets see when they spawn again, lets hope they do :D

LP

At least you know they've spawned, which is the main thing! All the best for next time :good:

James.

Its a shame it happend but Rams are known to do this. Lets see when they spawn again, lets hope they do :D

LP

I think i have a solution, get some fish and chips place the fish where the ram can see it, point to the fish then the ram then back to the fish reapeat this for 5 min :lol: enjoy your chips

I think i have a solution, get some fish and chips place the fish where the ram can see it, point to the fish then the ram then back to the fish reapeat this for 5 min :lol: enjoy your chips

Cheers James and Mermithall.

BBA that is not a bad idea :D Fish Psychology at its finest hehe.

LP

Nothing new to report at the moment. What i have noticed is the pair seem to fall out quite a lot.

I was thinking of adding some dither fish. Something like half a dozen neons or harlequins.

any thoughts or recommendations?

Cheers, lp

Good point bba. Im thinking this may stop the pair falling out.

LP

My apisto are far far more aggresive in their 70L on their own then when they were in with congo tetra and harlequins thats for sure :good:

Most reactions

Back