16gallontanker

Reaction score
I'd it ick if so should I do something?
20240504_130638.jpg

Attachments

• 20240504_125659.jpg
    20240504_125659.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 11
That looks more like a white or opaque patch, and ich usually begins with widely scattered often white "fluffy" appearing spots. Does the fish have any other symptoms such as clamped or other problems with fins, or a thinning abdomen?

No the fish acts normally I was just checking thanks for the info
Keep an eye on the fish, and read up on ich treatments as it is VERY thoroughly discussed all over the internet, and surely this forum. Not that about any fish can't get it, but If you keep livebearers from the usual sources you will be dealing with ich sooner or later, and it is an ailment that can have a successful outcome. Especially if you address it promptly.

Could you make a less blurred photo of this molly. For now, I can't see anything that may look like ick.

White spot looks like grains of salt sprinkled over the fish. Infected fish will usually rub/ flick on objects in the tank.

Need clear pictures but it doesn't look like the fish has white spot.

You can treat white spot with heat or medications, heat is safest. The following link has info on white spot. Post #1 and #16 are worth a read.

If the fish has a cream, white or grey patches on the body, check the water quality and do a water change.

Most reactions

Back