I'm Stunned

er pass... water changes i suppose. and slow growing easy plants.

theres nothing demanding in there apart from the lilly which has just taken off all of it's own accord.

Nice one James. I look forward to seeing the published article very much indeed.

Most definitely a very positive step for the high-tech hobby in the UK.

Thats fantastic James. I'll be thinking of you that day. I only wish I could get that magazine over here. I would love to read the article!

Congratulations James!! Perhaps one day we'll see a book "Jimboo's World - Book One"!

I hope you are out celebrating this evening!! :drink:

Congratulations! :D Well deserved too I might add!
I only wish I could see the article when it comes out, but I can't find the magazine around here anymore (in the US).... :(

Maybe someone could provide a link when it comes out or something??

i'll see what i can do. it may end up on their website articles which will be an easy link if not i'll ask them if i can scan it in to show you guys.

lots of pruning and fiddling going on over the next few weeks. i'm quite nervous actually lol. i've been reading loads of jeremy gays articles to get a feel for his style and he doesn't seem to blind you with science which is a good thing. i would love the article to appeal to the novice and give them the push to go planted without scaring the hell out of them by over complicating things.

Thats AWESOME!!! i admire your tank! I hope to have one that looks like it one day! But, for now, I'm going with the easier plants.

done it :hyper:

I got up at 5am, turned all the lights and co2 on and went back to bed.

Jeremy Gay (technical editor, PFK) and Neil (photographer) came to my flat at 11am this morning, lovely guys really friendly and down to earth which was great.

firstly they LOVED the tanks which was a huge relief, we had a long conversation about the EI method i did my best to explain the principle to my amazement he was very open minded and did not at any point dismiss the theory unlike most over here in the UK, George had written an introduction to EI for me to pass onto Jeremy, that was greatfully recieved along with the long winded 18 page tom barr version (some bedtime reading for him lol) a full fert schedule for my tank and links to aquaessential, TFF and the barr report.
thankfully Jeremy remembered George from their email conversations and refferred to him as the "guy who's writing some articles for us while he's in the Faulklands". i showed him some pics of georges tank layouts (just to confirm him as a skilled aquarist), even better the reply was "oh yes i've seen those, we featured the recent one in lateral lines when we published his letter regarding phosphate and nitrate fertalisation" - mission accomplished george if your reading this, your all teed up and ready to swing! he's not going in depth with the EI explination so as not to tread on the toes of your article, just a brief summary.

he noted down all the lighting mods, filter mods and general hardwear, then a full fish and plant list as you'd expect.

we then sat down for a cuppa and started the interview, how did i get into the hobby, what books did i use, how did i overcome problems etc... needless to say TFF was the answer to all of the above. i did explain my frustration regarding the trades attitude towards forums. the amount of times i've mentioned TFF to LFS employes and had the "forums are a waste of time, full of kids messing about and telling you whats what" type reply is countless. Jeremy agreed with me, in fact he made a point of saying the reader visits are usually based around club members tanks but nowadays forums are just like clubs providing a means for a community of like minded people to share thoughts and ideas. couldn't have put it better myself.

so watch out william, TFF is going to be all over the article, your hits should go through the roof (in case you need any technical preperation.)

the article should make it into the June addition which will be out about 4 weeks from today.
they took a ton of pictures of both the Rio180 and Rekord60 plus a mug shot of me sitting next to the 180 so hopefully there will be a few good ones in the mag.

This is wonderful news James. Well done and I am sincerely grateful for your reference to me in particular.

Roll on the June edition, let's hope it doesn't get lost in the post from between the UK and 8000 miles away in the South Atlantic!!

thanks mate, no worries he's looking forward to reading your articles now, no pressure lol...

off home again now, just popped into the office to add this update. catch you tomorrow people.

James

Congratulations again buddy. I must admit I'm rather envious!
[/quote]

lol
I have not been using the forums long but its full of info and help with some great planted tanks and alot of people with great knowledge who are leading the way for others and your tanks are truely inspirational and deserve to be in pfk magazine.
just started the the EI method myself and i would not have if it was not for these forums,just hope my tanks look half as good as yours and i will be happy.

Karl

How fantastically exciting !
yahoo.gif
happydance.gif

I'm very happy for you - well done. Can't wait for the next copy to arrive on my doorstep ! :good:

This is wonderful news James. Well done and I am sincerely grateful for your reference to me in particular.

Roll on the June edition, let's hope it doesn't get lost in the post from between the UK and 8000 miles away in the South Atlantic!!

I can always scan it and send it over if you want an early look!

Alan

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back