I'm Stunned

i'd forgotten about that bloozoo2, now you mention it i do remember our early conversations. hopefully you've enjoyed the planted side of things after coming across. hows the glosso and sag by the way. planted it yet?
Of course I've enjoyed it - a lot :thumbs:
It's certainly taught me a lot about water chemistry and plants - things I just didn't find all that important or interesting before.
Yes of course it's planted - I wouldn't let them float for a week ;) Sorry I haven't got round to taking photos yet or writing a proper update (that shrimp has kept me on my toes!). Last weekend I was running around London to collect those tanks I got on eBay (for the shrimp etc.) only to now realise I don't "need" them. mmmm where can I find a spare small space that might go unnoticed by the other half ? :shifty: Nah, they best go into the loft - I want to stay in the good books :angel:

So I wonder what your girlfriend has to say now ?! :D

Wow. That is amazing Jimbooo! Hopefully, if you have any "say" in the article or any quotes you can plug TFF and really expose the EI method to a broader section of the fishkeeping nation who may not know anything about it. Do they sell PFK in the US? Does anyone know? I'd love to read the article that they may write.

Maybe the mods should pool some money together and take a small add out in PFK and other magazines plugging TFF. Would certianly increase traffic on here and perhaps bring in some more, very knowledgable hobbyists (sp.) that would give some good input. I would definately contribute some cash.

........by the way did the leaf surfaces get totally covered in pearling by about 9pm in your tank.
That's it. Watch out for your NO3 uptake, it's a greedy beggar!! I'm fairly certain it's what indirectly caused my BGA.

It actually started producing its first O2 bubbles after around 20 minutes of lighting for me. With your pressurized CO2 and extra lighting it will do the same for you.

Wow congrats mate it couldn't of happened to a nice person.

Now we have an ancestor for the EI method, they could do an article, a battle of the methods new school verses old school.
Give em what for for all us TFF's because odiously we are getting it all wrong :lol:

Keeping one tank is bad enough when things go wrong, but you do it with style, three quality tanks, as humble as you are you deserve it, keep up the good work :)

Congratulations Jim! See what all that hard work pulls off! Your misses should be proud of you, even if she shares no interest in the hobby!

luuuuuuuuucky.......someday i will be at the level of you pros here...im jealous...you deserve it..keep up the good work..

Wow - congrats!!! Your tanks truly *are* unbelievable..... like it or not. :nod: I'm interested to know if PFK is sold over here too...

Hope you're out having a celebratory pint (or 3) ;) .

I have so much to learn!!
:S

Wow well done mate! Mybe I shall actually buy a PFK soon rather than read it in borders. :lol:

They haven't seen my photos yet. ;) I'll post them soon.

All credit due to jimbooo though. His tanks and photos are stunning.

James - Did you send a CD in the end? Those prints didn't do justice.

You got to get some credit for this as well, George. He is 'gf225s young apprentice' after all !!! ;)

They haven't seen my photos yet. ;) I'll post them soon.

All credit due to jimbooo though. His tanks and photos are stunning.

James - Did you send a CD in the end? Those prints didn't do justice.

You got to get some credit for this as well, George. He is 'gf225s young apprentice' after all !!! ;)

spot on Dubby. thats why i put that in my member title. credit where credits due.

thanks for all the kind words everyone, i'm getting anxious now. jeremy still hasn't replied to my email but apparently he's been out of the office all day. yes i know i should be patient but thats not in my nature i'm afraid. clicking send/receive every 3 minutes doesn't seem to be working. lol

i've sent him links into my journals so i guarantee jeremy will be looking at our little forum at some point. you never know he may even join up. that'd be awesome.

i'll keep you all posted as soon as i hear anything. i've just recieved my dennerle co2 kit. bought a bubble counter and going home tonight to set it all up on the rio180. hopefully it will all fall into place after that. the new layout's looking promising, only a wee bit of algae growing on some gravel in amongst the glosso carpet but i'm hoping the proper co2 levels will deal with this once it gets up to speed.

Most reactions

Back