I'm Stunned

george: - no, i didn't. i was going to enter a CD next month. those pics were pretty awefull so i'm even more stunned that they prompted the email. come to think of it thats probably why. i can see the guys in PFK now. "this guy has a lovely tank but cant take a picture to save his life. lets get down there and do a proper job of it" or something like that.
That makes sense. They'll love your latest shots then.

What does the missus think? I bet she'll be tidying up the flat very well before they come!! I wonder if you'll get paid? That would be cool.

Congratulations again buddy. I must admit I'm rather envious!

When I first read the title, I thought it was something bad, but this is so much better! Congratulations Jimbooo, I knew that tank would win something :hey: . This will definitely help the high-tech method in the UK, great job!

:hooray:

george: - no, i didn't. i was going to enter a CD next month. those pics were pretty awefull so i'm even more stunned that they prompted the email. come to think of it thats probably why. i can see the guys in PFK now. "this guy has a lovely tank but cant take a picture to save his life. lets get down there and do a proper job of it" or something like that.
That makes sense. They'll love your latest shots then.

What does the missus think? I bet she'll be tidying up the flat very well before they come!! I wonder if you'll get paid? That would be cool.

Congratulations again buddy. I must admit I'm rather envious!

she doesn't know yet. i thought i'd better wait till later rather than calling her at work with fish talk. i'd probably get a "thats nice" at the most. hopefully she'll be more enthusiasic later on, thats the theory anyway.

mate, i feel a little bit of a fraud to be honest after all if it weren't for your advice none of it would have been possible. i'll send them your direction for the next shoot. when your new setup is sorted. thanks for the congrats. i'm over the moon

come to think of it they haven't replied to my acceptance email yet. they'd better or i'll be rather dissapointed to say the least.

When I first read the title, I thought it was something bad, but this is so much better! Congratulations Jimbooo, I knew that tank would win something :hey: . This will definitely help the high-tech method in the UK, great job!

:hooray:

thanks buddy, it's nice to have some independant feedback from outside the forum. hopefully we can get the UK up to speed on the possibilities with real plants. that PFK series on plants is getting duller by the minute. apart from the dodgy fert advise i just think the tank pictures look way too bland. it just encourages people to go the low light, slow grower route. fine for some but not exactly the ticket for the budding young amano. hopefully if i can get a pic of my new layout in there it'll really do some good for us all.

i'll keep you posted as to the reply. i've just emailed him a link into the journals and my photobucket account to speed things on a bit!! lol

Ever thought of being a journalist? This could be the start of a whole new career for you!

S

mate, i feel a little bit of a fraud to be honest after all if it weren't for your advice none of it would have been possible.
You shouldn't feel that way.

I only provided you with the guidance and info to get you started, you did the rest of the hard work yourself and now you have your reward. The mentor of an apprentice doesn't feel de-frauded when the apprentice develops into a master.

I am very pleased for you and I feel privilaged to have provided some positive influence, to you and others here at TFF.

Good job mate. ;)

:*) your too kind mate. i dont think i'm quite a master yet. i'll save that title for our new member justin. the day i can produse tank pictures like that i'll be changing career super fast. those pictures are simply stunning. perfect timing as well. just as my head was starting to swell he's brought be back down to earth with a bump lol.

we all need something to aspire to dont we. thats the next goal.

it will certainly be interesting to see what a professional photographer can do with my tanks rather than me with my million snaps producing 4 good ones lol. he'll have fun getting to them. that damn bannister runs straight through the right side of the 180 hence all the angle shots from the left side. i hope he doesn't bring a saw, that'll definatly land me in hot water with the misses.

Well done Jimbooo. Fraud my foot - you deserve all fabulous comments through and through. I'm very chuffed for you and you must be super ultra excited. I'm very happy for you ! :D

Remember: it's your tanks in your sig that made me check out the planted forum in the first place ;)

Congratulations Jimboo!

You'll have to let us know which issue it's in when you know!

Wow man. That is absoluetly amazing. I can only imagine how great you feel. Your pictures were great, it doesn't surprise me.

I hope they do a nice little write-up on you.

Keep up the great work.

thanks jen, fishy mad and bloozoo2. i'm running out of new ways to say thank you so that'll have to do now. god i really dont want to be a journalist. i just read neil monks current article in the new issue of PFK. if it's the same as usual most of you probably haven't got it yet. he's written a fantastic article on hard water setups. very very well written, my brain goes dead after about 3 paragraphs. the info's up there in the old noggin but getting it down on paper is a different story. i was one of the kids at the back at school, never one to produce any A grade pieces of work. i'll let the pictures do the talking and leave the scientific explination to george and his gang.

i'd forgotten about that bloozoo2, now you mention it i do remember our early conversations. hopefully you've enjoyed the planted side of things after coming across. hows the glosso and sag by the way. planted it yet?

george, sorry to drop this on you but oh yes you are. should all go pear shaped who do you think i'll be pm'ing first lol.
your never getting away i'm afraid especially now i have your fern. by the way did the leaf surfaces get totally covered in pearling by about 9pm in your tank. last night it looked like the entire plant was coated in silver beads. almost like riccia. i cant see any signs of algae at all and hope it's a good sign. it's a little excessive though lol. it almost looks fake. i had done a water change the night before and added trace. not adding macro's yet till i get the dennerle co2 kit (should be here tomorrow, i ordered the same as you. couldn't stretch to the £200 one as i'd chipped away at my credit note and only had £140 to spend)

i'd forgotten about that bloozoo2, now you mention it i do remember our early conversations. hopefully you've enjoyed the planted side of things after coming across. hows the glosso and sag by the way. planted it yet?

darth.jpg

bored by any chance mate lol... that angel cracks me up. i just noticed she's got neon's as well. a proper upper level chavette.

lol.. yeah.. just a little bored.. ;)

Nice one squid, that made my day :) had a proper chuckle at those pics :lol:

Sam

Most reactions

Back