Fish are friends.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

WILDER

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
what's the most friendly fish you own, I have a few, platys guppys, and my two fancy goldfish they are really friendly.

I used to have a few goldfish that would follow me, if I was on side of the room they would be in that corner then if I went to the otherside they would follow. They also would all line up in a little row and just hangout....

My mollies and my angelfish are very friendly and they love attention! :nod: They follow me across the tank too.

I would have to say my 4 platties and 2 platty teenagers. They follow me too. Also Silver and Gold, my goldfish do that too. I dont think it very uncommon for fish to follow people beucase they know we are the holder of food. :lol:

One of my pearl gouramies will happily take food from my hand and so will all the zebra danios (who also follow you around BTW). My cories are also incredibly friendly and my danios and cories will all swim over my palm if I put it just under the surface and touching the glass to form a kind of bridge in the water. :)

My platys are always up at the front of the tank when I go up - probably scrounging for food - but they seem to know me and my voice :wub:

I would have to agree, 2 of my female platties always come up to the glass if you look in. And my bettas.

I just noticed this topic. A few minuites ago I watched my dog walk past the tanks (searching for dropped fish food) as I stood in the doorway of the fishroom. The tank with platys & corys didn't even notice him, even though the tank is about 8" off the floor. The angels in the 55 were a different story. 150 small fish following him from one end of the tank to the other. I guess since he always comes in there with me when I feed them they think dog=food. All I have to do now is teach him to feed the fish without hogging all the food to himself.

Tolak

I think widow tetras are the friendliest. They dont get scared even when you put a net in the tank, or while siphoning. Actually, all tetras are like that. And guppies are cool too. :)

red devil/midas mix.

even though i dont own him i was just in a restaurant with a awsome 10 foot NW cichlid set up, and when ever i moved the glass magnet he would follow it and bite it because it was in his territory, he was soo playful :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back