Euro 2008

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Spain and holland in the final i guarantee it, would be a crackin match.

Russia played well tonight, i can see many managers wanting the russian striker ( who i can't remember the name of ) :unsure:

Russia played well tonight, i can see many managers wanting the russian striker ( who i can't remember the name of ) :unsure:

Russia did look a force (They needed a result). The star player was Andrei Arshavin, who is wanted by KKeegan. A reported bid of 11Million has been made and Zenit. have set a deadline of next week for any move to be sorted, otherwise he's staying with the UEFA cup holders.

.....I would luv it if he signed, just luv it!! (He would be perfect as a left sided attacker in a front three with Owen & O.Martins) or as a creative playmaker in a 4-4-2.

Hoping Spurs don't knick this guy aswell :shifty:

(The other striker who scored first is Pavluachenko who was Zenit's top scorer in UEFA Cup campaign. I'm sure Prem scouts are lurking..)

Spain and holland in the final i guarantee it

I'll bet you £1million it isn't Spain vs Holland in the Final ;)

lmao, that's not something to bet against ... if he accepts, can I congratulate you already? =P

If Spain and Holland both go through the next round they'll meet each other in the semis. A Dutch/Spanish final will there for not happen.

Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Russia did look a force (They needed a result). The star player was Andrei Arshavin, who is wanted by KKeegan. A reported bid of 11Million has been made and Zenit. have set a deadline of next week for any move to be sorted, otherwise he's staying with the UEFA cup holders.

.....I would luv it if he signed, just luv it!! (He would be perfect as a left sided attacker in a front three with Owen & O.Martins) or as a creative playmaker in a 4-4-2.

Hoping Spurs don't knick this guy aswell :shifty:

(The other striker who scored first is Pavluachenko who was Zenit's top scorer in UEFA Cup campaign. I'm sure Prem scouts are lurking..)

Newcastle fan here also. Yes we have a bid in for Andrei Arshavin. Problem is that a lot of Russian clubs now are very rich and are keeping their talent. He also on over 50 grand a week. Can only see the deal happenign if he wan'ts to move. I so hope he wants the move!!!

Hop fully we can start seeing Russian teams doing well in the champions league. Now the the league and club can afford to keep their talent and bring in overseas stars

+ With the imposeed M.Ashley wage-reducing mission It would be hard to offer him much more than 50k....although he is a good age (25/26?) and is a REAL top quality talent rather than a Duff/Smith/Barton/Geremi...etc.

Surely playing in arguably the best league in the world in front of 50,000+ every week is more attractive than staying in Russian lge. but he may feel settled there.

You never know, with the Russian connections he may end up at Chelski?? They seem to have been turned down in approaches for KAKA and co, so may look at the Russian Assasin.

How do you rate C.CUellar?>>>>I really think he should be the top priority of KK and we can double his 16k at least.....5/6Mill. + A.Smith bid? :rolleyes:

+ With the imposeed M.Ashley wage-reducing mission It would be hard to offer him much more than 50k....although he is a good age (25/26?) and is a REAL top quality talent rather than a Duff/Smith/Barton/Geremi...etc.

Surely playing in arguably the best league in the world in front of 50,000+ every week is more attractive than staying in Russian lge. but he may feel settled there.

You never know, with the Russian connections he may end up at Chelski?? They seem to have been turned down in approaches for KAKA and co, so may look at the Russian Assasin.

How do you rate C.CUellar?>>>>I really think he should be the top priority of KK and we can double his 16k at least.....5/6Mill. + A.Smith bid? :rolleyes:
Boomsong was brilliant for rangers also and look at how that turned out. CUellard does have his very good euro performances under his belt so hard to call. I guess any player cumming in from a different league there a chance to be good or be deadweight

It CARNT be Spain v Holland in the final, if Spain and Holland meet each other then it will be in the Semi-Final

[/quote] Boumsong was brilliant for rangers also and look at how that turned out. CUellar does have his very good euro performances under his belt so hard to call. I guess any player cumming in from a different league there a chance to be good or be deadweight[/quote] (Bigpig Quote)

I think a certain Mr.Souness had a factor in the 10milion fee going to Rangers, via Agent Willie Mackay!

Boumsong has done o.k at Juve, and is in French Euro Squad (that's not saying much these days, like)
> I think he suffered a lack of confidence after a couple of mistakes (i.e; He did a Bramble!)

However I would definately like C.Cuellar, as he seems re-assured and a player who 'enjoys defending', much like J.Woodgate, who we should have kept, in my opinion.

He won Player of season (in his first year in Scotland) and he showed his battling, defensive qualities in every round of the UEFA Cup. I'd Give him a 35-40k contract for four years, as he's aged 26.> Also, J.Enrique can show him the sites.
(The only seed of doubt is the fiasco of our last Spanish CB, Marcelino who had a bruised finger which kept him out for 8months!!)

... and then the whole team fell apart.
Apparently Boulahrouz lost his baby daughter today (born early, earlier this week). He's not being pulled out of the team, but I honestly doubt that he'll be playing well if he's actually gonna be in one of the upcoming games. His mind will simply be elsewhere. Especially as his wife is still in hospital too. The rest of the team are obviously gutted as well, just hope they won't be too affected.

Wonder if the next game will be dedicated to his daughter one way or another. Black armbands might be a little too much.

How do they do it?? (Hoping Portugal can get back to 3-3, but the efficiency of the Germans will probably (unfortunately) go through.

J.Lehmann was right about the weakness of Ricardo :sick:

Todays Results

Portugal 2-3 Germany

Portugal are out of Euro 08, Germany are in the Semi-Final

Germany will play either Croatia or Turkey

After Portugal's defeat, C.Ronaldo has announced to press that his Premier lge. future is over (SkySPorts News, 11p.m)

>No secret on his next destination. 75Mill. deal!?!?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back