Cloudy Water - Not Bacterial Bloom

I was thinking maybe a precipitate of some sort that is suspended in the water and keeps getting churned up by something.

Back on topic:

Did you try removing a sample of the water to see if it settles out or not?

BACK ON TOPIC i cant do the glass test until i set up a camera tomorrow and film it for someone to watch and tell me what happens but i am pretty sure it is not air bubbles

I was thinking maybe a precipitate of some sort that is suspended in the water and keeps getting churned up by something.

to be honest i was thinking the same thing last week hence why i tried a water clarifier. which worked for about 2 days then went back to cloudy

to be honest i was thinking the same thing last week hence why i tried a water clarifier. which worked for about 2 days then went back to cloudy

Hmmm.... Well, if it did go away with a clarifier, and then return when the clarifier ran its course, it could be a precipitate. The issue is that the precipitate came back again, so there has to be some sort of an underlying cause. Was anything added to the tank recently before all this started? Did you change anything... dechlorinator, food, anything recently?

I had a similar problem a little while ago, and I added carbon to the filter and did a large water change. The cloudiness never returned (and if I am repeating previous advice, my apologies...i'm really tired) If you have tried this, then i have no other advice unfortunately. I hope you get it sorted soon. Beautiful little cories in your video.

Hmmm.... Well, if it did go away with a clarifier, and then return when the clarifier ran its course, it could be a precipitate. The issue is that the precipitate came back again, so there has to be some sort of an underlying cause. Was anything added to the tank recently before all this started? Did you change anything... dechlorinator, food, anything recently?

no nothing has been changed since i set them both up in september. even stuck to the same brands for dechlorinator etc

I had a similar problem a little while ago, and I added carbon to the filter and did a large water change. The cloudiness never returned (and if I am repeating previous advice, my apologies...i'm really tired) If you have tried this, then i have no other advice unfortunately. I hope you get it sorted soon. Beautiful little cories in your video.

i have tried large water changes and also tried daily partial water changes. water remains cloudy. also added ceramic media to my filter as an extra hoping this would help but sadly not.

Did you try carbon as suggested above?

Sometimes I wonder if maybe it is nothing that we (anyone with similar problems) is doing. Could it be something going on with the water itself? Maybe try contacting the water company to see if there are issues regarding the water there?

I think the twin to this tank is just fine, if I remember correctly.

Something is different.

I know, I was just saying it out loud. Something is different in the one tank. There has to be something that we are all missing.... :blink:

Yeah, I hear you. I've kind of been wracking my brain on this one.

Hey, Branwyn, can you take shots of both the tanks, one right after the other?

All right, I just read the OP again. Looks like it's in both 55g tanks. So maybe it is the water, but I don't think so.

I had this same problem in my 55g after I'd had it set up for a couple of months. We went away for a few days, so it had no light and no food for, if I remember correctly, 4 days. It was crystal clear when we came back, and has been that way ever since. This is a year later and it's still clear. So, can you completely ignore them for 4 days and see what happens?

Did you try carbon as suggested above?
Hiya

not tried carbon yet as I only ordered it this weekend so waiting for it to arrive x

I think the twin to this tank is just fine, if I remember correctly.

no both tanks have gone cloudy but will upload a picture today (currently 5.45am) something i need to do as i am going to attempt to biuld a cabinet around both tanks to box them in and want to upload step by step pictures of my project. (blind bird and power tools will be interesting lol)

All right, I just read the OP again. Looks like it's in both 55g tanks. So maybe it is the water, but I don't think so.

I had this same problem in my 55g after I'd had it set up for a couple of months. We went away for a few days, so it had no light and no food for, if I remember correctly, 4 days. It was crystal clear when we came back, and has been that way ever since. This is a year later and it's still clear. So, can you completely ignore them for 4 days and see what happens?

I could ignore them for four days but QUESTION i have 4 baby dollars that have been hatched in my tanks (the corydoras fry i have removed into another small tank in kitchen) so could it not be wise to feed something?

also might be worth mentioning the dollars are in prime condition. strong spots over their bodies and bright orange and black flashes on body and fins so thats another indication water (apart from cloudiness) is perfect.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back