Bumblebee Goby

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

9bxncqf.jpg

wLs8iF3.jpg

Last edited:
Today I fed them a bunch of new born Guppy fry, a huge hit.

One of my live food hatcheries, This one is sea monkeys, as its cold here I have the breeding container sitting in water with a heater set to 22 deg C, I was given 30 packets of eggs.

h9Cjyfd.jpg

I just found a dry food Gobys love, Brine shrimp eggs. I had some on my fingers and decided to drop them in the tank and they gobbled them up.

I just found a dry food Gobys love, Brine shrimp eggs. I had some on my fingers and decided to drop them in the tank and they gobbled them up.
Yay! Exciting! They're so stinking pretty!

Nice gobies Nick! Literally came back just because I saw this thread. Interesting notes about their diet, never heard of someone feeding them guppy fry.

Thanks they are cool fish, but have this habit of hanging around the end of the hose when I change water luckily I have a screen over the end so they cant get sucked up.

never heard of someone feeding them guppy fry.

Gobbys, if its alive and fits in its mouth its food.

They also love Angel eggs, next I am going to try them on just laid Mystery snail eggs.

Yeah, gobies are great. They have such interesting behaviours and personalities. And they can stick to almost anything! Interested to see how your diet experiments go, please keep updating.

The sea salt and Epsom salts from the brine shrimp I feed them seems to be doing wonders for my plants. I use Epsom salt in my brine shrimp mix instead of baking soda, when the brine shrimp are about a week old I just suck them up with a turkey baster and put into the tank brine and all.

I also have 5 table spoons of Seachem Brackish salt in the tank, the shrimp and snails dont seem to mind it at all.

There are ten Gobys in there, somewhere but they all come out at feeding time.
FkbfP9C.jpg

qoM787D.jpg

mWUON7H.jpg

8PuT0vX.jpg

rYxmqPG.jpg

AgNb9xY.jpg

They are getting nice and fat eating fresh sea food including Barramundi prawns oysters squid, live and frozen brine shrimp frozen krill live blackworm and frozen blood worm.

This is what they looked like when I first got them,
rSrPHFj.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back