Bumblebee Goby

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NickAu

Fish Connoisseur
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
As my Betta was struggling in the 2 foot tank and my cube was empty, I moved him to the cube leaving the 2 foot tank empty and without a filter. The current from the HOB was just too strong for him and I wasnt happy with the way it worked.

The Kuhli Loaches are in the big tank,

So new Plan.

First I spent $200 on a new canister filter.
FwmPbLw.jpg

http://www.aquaone.com.au/product-range/filtration/filters/item/3128-94101

Next I set it up the way I wanted with the foams Coarse medium and fine in the first tray, second tray has crushed coral in 2 bags covering the bottom of the tray with filter floss taking up the rest of the tray.

I used the ceramic media from the HOB in the canister to kick start the cycling and the whole thing is running.

Next I got some plastic tubs, They are in the shed, and set them up to breed Daphnia, Red Cherry Shrimp, and Guppy fry, I also have Live Black worms ( these were $ 70 for 250 milliliters about 8 ounces ) as well as a range of frozen food and earth worms ( I have a worm farm )That should take care of the food.

I want the tank to settle down because of the new filter and sometime next week I am getting 10 Gobys.

https://www.livefish.com.au/food/live-food/live-blackworms-per-250ml.html

I will post photos of the live food side latter. Thats if I am still alive after dropping close to $450 on stuff today.

Last edited:
Sorry Best I can do at the moment they are a little shy, I can report that they are eating they had live black worm and I noticed 2 attacking baby shrimp. The shrimp in the tank are Goby food.

Those guys look pretty big, I always thought they were tiny things. How much were all ten?

Pea puffers need to be your next addition ;)

They were $7 each they are funny the way they can sit on glass.

I wanted a Pea puffer but cant get 1 here.

Awww, are puffers illegal where you live or just hard to come across?

They are Illegal but that wont stop me if I set my mind to it.

I must say I am very impressed with the filter so far, its silent the only way I know its running is if I look at the plants and see some moving.

I love the Aquis filters. I'm running a 1000 and a 750 on my 4' tank and the air pump is louder than both combined.

The tank came with a Fluval FX5 but it would constantly build up air and rattle. I've since found out this could be just air settling out of the filter sponges, but it was a constant pain for the week I was running it.

I am starting to love Aqua one products, The tank is Aqua one so is the light and now the filter.

Well the snails are loving the high PH.
tSkT7XI.jpg

And the plants are doing OK too.
tYAIVI9.jpg

The shrimp seem to be doing OK but it don't matter they are only food for the Gobbys,

As for the Gobbys they are doing great some are even starting to accept pellets, cute little booggers can be quite shy at first but we are getting there.

These are the pellets they are taking
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Xtreme-...m-Fry-Pellet-255g-Free-Shipping-/142595098302

Xtreme Aquatic Food Diets: Ingredients

Formulated using premium ingredients, including Krill, Shrimp, Octopus, Fish and Herring combined with Grown-in-the-USA spirolina and our proprietary Bio-pack vitamins and minerals.

Each small batch milled is first tested, then packed.

Every step of the process from harvest to delivery is inspected to insure that our quality standards are met.

Ingredient List:

Krill Meal, Shrimp Meal, Fish Meal, Herring Meal, Squid Meal, Octopus, Green Peas, Rice Meal, Wheat Flour, Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles, Spirolina blue-green algae, Stinging Nettles, Brewers Dried Yeast and Paprika.

Bio-Pack:

Limestone, Xanthophyll, Fish Oil, Lecithin, Salt, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, di-Alph Tocopheryl Acetate(Vitamin E Supplement), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Caldium Pantothenate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex(source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate(source of Vitamin C), Canthaxanthin, Astaxanthin, Beta Carotene.

Bacillus strains as probiotics:

The advantage of Bacillus is that they form spores. These spores are very much like the seed of a plant and are stable for long periods of time. Just like seeds, when you add the appropriate nutrients (fish feed in this case) and water, they germinate and grow, producing active vegetative cells that are beneficial in aquatic systems. The spores are also tolerant to temperatures that would kill typical probiotics, such as Lactobacillus.

Using a blend of Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus pumilus, and Bacillus subtilis. This blend has strains of bacteria that reduce nitrate, nitrite, and ammonia, improve water clarity, help with feed digestion, and activity against fish pathogens. Typically supply this blend at a concentration of 50 billion (5e10) colony forming units/gram.

Guaranteed Analysis:

• Protein 38% - 55%
  • Fat (Min) 5%
  • Fiber (Min) 6%
  • Phosphorus 1.2%
  • Ash 12%
  • Moisture (Max) 12%

Last edited:
I too like aquaone nano tanks and filters rather than the larger tanks.

Build quality is fine but I like the simplicity and how the tanks are designed with maintenance and access in mind for the fishkeeper.

I don’t particularly like thier lights, works ok for low tech plants but does not do much imho. I prefer to add aquael leddy tube lights, a bit of a faff to get those to fit by modifying light unit but worth it imho.

How about some pics of the bumblebees? ;) Did they breed yet?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back