Ages.... Who And What Age....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just to make you "oldies" feel better I am 74 and have just started keeping two tropical planted tanks.

I kept two reef tanks, one for 14 years, until the energy company caught up with me and I had to cut down on the 1500 watts of light. You can see my old reef tanks via the link in my signature under homepage.

In my 6 foot tank I have 50 Cherry Barbs and 5 Three Lined Corys and in the 4' tank I have 36 Neons, 4 Peppered Corys and 1 Dwarf Chain Loach.

I thought I would have a click through your sites to kill some time, that was well over an hour ago and I feel it was time not so much killed but more like well spent. You have a lot of great pictures and the stories to go with them are a treat. Keep up the good work :good:

Just to make you "oldies" feel better I am 74 and have just started keeping two tropical planted tanks.

I kept two reef tanks, one for 14 years, until the energy company caught up with me and I had to cut down on the 1500 watts of light. You can see my old reef tanks via the link in my signature under homepage.

In my 6 foot tank I have 50 Cherry Barbs and 5 Three Lined Corys and in the 4' tank I have 36 Neons, 4 Peppered Corys and 1 Dwarf Chain Loach.
I knew there was someone on here older than me.

Man, those tanks look great. Especially the large one. I'll have to read the stories a litle later when I have more time. I would love to venture into SW somw day but dont have the money or space right no (or the time).

I'm 37, work in financial compliance.

Currently got 2 tanks, 1 120 Litre tropical tank currently cycling and a 90 litre nano reef which I am currently filling with RO water which means by the time I have filled it, I should be able to retire and maybe watch some fish swim about

Im 21, feel more like 41 though :rolleyes: Have had my 32L for a year and had my 125L about 3-4 weeks. Have to say ive learnt more in the last 3 weeks on here than in the whole year ive been keeping fish, so thanx guys! :)

20 - been keeping fish for app 5 years, mostly cold freshwater - only moved onto tropical in the last 3 years app
Just upgraded to a 48 gallon - from about a 10 gallon & i have 13 fish in there now (and a few snails lol)

I'm 45, live in Pennsylvania and love having fish. I am a radiology technician, but 1st off a Christian. Moved to Pennsylvania with a couple I know who are Doctors to set up a clinic here (Christian) where people can be prayed for if they desire when they see the Doctor. Besides that I have 2 metal 29 gallon tank stands, 1 29 gallon tank with light and hood, 2 5 gallon Aquascene setups from Petsmart, 1 5 gallon glass tank, 1 3 gallon critter keeper and 2 10 gallon aquarium setups with 1 stand. I've gotten my wife to let me have a 55 gallon tank after we get our income tax (maybe/possibly), so hopefully by this time next year I'll have at least 2 29 gallons and 1 55 gallon setups. My long goal plans are to get at least a 150 gallon or more and put a school of clown loaches in it, Love the guys/thank they are one of the neatest fish around. Then of coarse it would also be nice to be rich, and have all the huge aquariums I ever wanted and pay someone to take care of them for me, and then enjoy them for the rest of my life, a man can at least dream!!!

20 and starting my first tank.. 20 Gallon long w/ 6 Corydoras(4 albino, 2 darker colored), 1 African Dwarf Frog, 1 butterfly red male Betta... and a few live plants.. 2 Amazon ??? and some other plant I can't seem to find the name of.

It has been odd seeing the ages of some people who post a lot. Several who have posted that they were in their teens I would have thought to be much older just from reading their posts.

Supprised me, that I am not the only youngh fish keeper on here too. I am even more supprised by how many people my age have had their set-up's running. Up-untill now I though I was quite unusual.........still.....
I quess its the leavle of experieence we have that is more relavant than age. Most of the members here have a very good idea as to what they are talking about, regardless of their age.
Very Interesting. Thanks to community begginer for begining this thread.
rabbut

just turned 18, and im a Mechanical Fitter at a powerstation.

Had my 55litre community tank for probably just over a year now, my 27 litre betta and pitbull tank for around 2 weeks, and my 180litre for around a month, but only added stock today :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back