Ages.... Who And What Age....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

im 14 keepin for for about 5 months now,
but my dad has had fish for as long as i remember , at 1 point even a 100 gallon tank according to him....(drools)
reassuring to keep fish and have your dad to help you out...
1st fish i really had for myself was a 10/20 gallon when iwas like 4 and it had a few goldfishes(my dad is more old school with fish keeping, but fed htem 2x a day none the less and weekly water changes etc,,)
so yeahhh
my 1st official tank was pretty bad...
turned betta tank etc...
Bettas dont last on me despite my water changes and meds D:
by christmas i may start up a new 10 g i have laying in the closet =D

First fish I ever had... I can't remember. It was either a goldfish I won at a carnival or some guppies. Probably guppies.
Now I have the 29g community like I said in the other post....

I'm going to add some fish soon, a few died because of the heater messing up. Maybe some rainbow fish. And some cories.

keeping for 3 years. Only have 3 tanks at this moment but have owned more in the past. Biggest tank will be 55+ by the end of August, but own a 20 right now. I have 14 fish at the moment.

I'm 13!!
Keeping fish for about a year now.
Got 9 tanks, 10 fish and 6 fry.
6 betta tanks with 1 betta in each.
1 fry tank with 6 fry.
1 community with 3 gups and 1 platy.
1 betta breeding tank, currently empty.

It has been odd seeing the ages of some people who post a lot. Several who have posted that they were in their teens I would have thought to be much older just from reading their posts.

I'm 15. I've also been keeping fish for around 3 years.

55 gallon tank going good so far just looking for cichlids that don't eat plants lol.

14, started freshwater last december and saltwater like 3 weeks ago, 75 gallon planted, 20 gallon planned reef.

I'm fourteen. Though I have to admit, I did say I was a bit older when I started but... it's mostly because I was treated like a little kid on other forums. Anyway, I have a 55g betta growout tank (though that might change later) 10 gallon planted, 10 gallon breeder and several betta tanks. I've been into fish for a little over a year.

I will be 17 in a couple weeks, and there has been at least one fish tank in my house for as long as I can remember. I don't know at what point the tank transitioned into being mine, though. I have been taking care of my own fish tank for at least 7 years, though. (But, badly, I must admit, up until I found this site...)

Just to make you "oldies" feel better I am 74 and have just started keeping two tropical planted tanks.

I kept two reef tanks, one for 14 years, until the energy company caught up with me and I had to cut down on the 1500 watts of light. You can see my old reef tanks via the link in my signature under homepage.

In my 6 foot tank I have 50 Cherry Barbs and 5 Three Lined Corys and in the 4' tank I have 36 Neons, 4 Peppered Corys and 1 Dwarf Chain Loach.

Well, I'm 14

I currently have but one fish

2 tanks as of now: 36gal Green Spotted Puffer tank, snail breeding tank(for his food)

It all started when I was 6. My dad got a really mean oscar, and I was hooked. I would feed it grasshoppers and crickits from the backyard, good times :) So, I guess that I've been into fish for roughly 8 years. It doesn't seem like its been that long though.

im not winnin no more! Danm you 13 year olds :p

Yeah but anyhow i would of expected a lot of people to be old on here!

It has been odd seeing the ages of some people who post a lot. Several who have posted that they were in their teens I would have thought to be much older just from reading their posts.

Yeah I was just thinking the exact same thing

Most reactions

trending

Back