Zebra Loaches Gone Crazy

showjyr

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Two days ago i transferred my 3 Zebra Loaches into my 55gal community. Since then they do nothing but go up and down on one end of the tank, following the same path over and over. My Flying Fox and one platy have started to do the same along with them.

I've heard loaches can sometimes do this when introduced to a new tank but it's been two days.

Whats the deal...anybody know?

Two days ago i transferred my 3 Zebra Loaches into my 55gal community. Since then they do nothing but go up and down on one end of the tank, following the same path over and over. My Flying Fox and one platy have started to do the same along with them.

I've heard loaches can sometimes do this when introduced to a new tank but it's been two days.

Whats the deal...anybody know?
Did you provide them enough hiding places?

what have you been feeding them and how often? sounds like the loachy dance to me :good:

They have tons of hiding places....more than they had before.

I've been feeding them their usual tetra color granules, a few snails, and they stole some flake and a few of my BGKs' tropical crisps.

mine do this esp my coolie loaches thay go mad at feeding time

Yep my clowns and botias do that too, usually at the end of the tank were the outflow of the filter is positioned

The botia ballet! I love that dance. My Yoyos, Zebras, and SAEs all do it really frequently. Sometimes my Agelicusses do it to.

They have tons of hiding places....more than they had before.

I've been feeding them their usual tetra color granules, a few snails, and they stole some flake and a few of my BGKs' tropical crisps.

snails are good, but you should feed them bloodworms on the regular, theyll plump up nicely. loaches LOVE bloodworms and other frozen foods, along with many vegetables you can get at the local supermarket. flake food wont cut it for loaches, they need more :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back