Zebra danio's

hussarman

Reaction score
Can someone please help me?
Are Zebra Danio's known to be aggressive, they have killed off my 6 Neon Tetras one by one, and they have now started on my catfish. these two evil Zebras do nothing but chase one another around the tank all day. :grumpy:

I had three danios in my tank, 1 zebrea, 1 leopard and 1 blue. I had to take them out when I got tetras cause they chased them around, it is said that zebras in larger groups of about5 will lose interest in chasing because there are too many targets.

Zebra Danios aren't known for attacking other fish unless they're fry. Zebra's are continuosly hungry. How many zebras have you got and what are the sizes compared to the neonns? Not sure if temperament changes with fin size on this but I used to keep long finned zebra danios along with harlequins, neons and rummy nose tetras as well as some other fish and never had any problems at all with them.
Remember that the general rule of thumb for fish is if it'll fit in a mouth it'll get eaten.

That's exactly why I don't have them. Evil little buggers they are. Wonder if they are planing world domination any time soon? Rose

From the replies received it would seem as though Zebras are quote "Evil little buggers" my suspicions confirmed.
Thanks for all the help.

Must just be me then. I like them ;) :laugh:

Most reactions

Back