Zebra Danios

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

baz_78

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've got a 7 Zebra Danios in my tank along with a few other fish. I'm not concerned about them all, just the one.

They've all always been really active as you'd expect but yesterday I got home from work and one was in the corner of my tank on it's own (it's the skinniest of the lot too).

He came up for food as usual then went back to his corner! Just wandered what could be the reason behind this behaviour. It didn't look like he was being bullied in any way, there are no signs of illness or physical damage...

What size is your tank ?
What other fish do you have in the tank ?
How long has the tank been established ?
Do you have your pH, ammonia and nitrite readings ?

:)

as bloo has said we need to know the above to help you more

however when one fish stays apart from the others it is a sign that something is wrong.
what that something could be is one of the following
1) Fish may be suffering from a parasite problem. Examine the gills.

2) There could be internal disease problems

3) Early stage of systemic bacterial infection. Isolate and observe

4) Test core water parameters

if you can rule out 1 and 4 then you have a 50/50 chance of it being a relativly easy problem to cure.

My clown does this over by my heater, but ithink its because hes eating algae :wub:

Does "what" over by your heater ? And Clown Loaches eating algae ? :blink:

first get those water stats checked.

i had this same problem with a zebra danios a while back (in fact just bought a new one today to raise their numbers up), it was mouth fungus in the end. get yourself some fin rot&fungas treatment along with a parasite treatment in stock NOW to prepare for either of these. take a look at the fish breathing, does it look "rapid"?? does the fish seem lethargic?

also, how long have you had the danios in question?

meant to include, if you havent already done so, add some aquarium salt as long as it wont effect any other fish you kee in the tank.

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies. Unfortunately I didn't get to check my water paramaters last night - will do so tonight and post results tomorrow.

Regarding the tank - 15 UK Gallons, been established for 5 months...
Stocking - 7 Zebra Danios, 3 Bronze Corys, 1 Honey Gourami, 6 (small) tetra (largest full grown is 1.5cm) No fish or plants have been added for months.

meant to include, if you havent already done so, add some aquarium salt as long as it wont effect any other fish you kee in the tank.

Don't think I can add salt - my Cory's won't like this will they?

as far as i know they wont like normal freshwater levels but will put up with a small small amount

Most reactions

Back