Zebra Danio Had Babies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Miss M

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the eggs look like for zebra danios? We found 1 baby fish swimming in the back of the tank this morning, and immed. put it in a breeding net. It's big enough that it's eating flakes and crumbled egg yolk, but still tiny enough that the adults would go after it.

I'm sure we lost all the fry that were in the tank, but I'd like to know approx. what the eggs look like, so we can save them in the future. (I had no idea any females were ready to lay eggs).

All our plants our plastic, and we have 2 caves and some gravel with larger stone around the plants. The only fish in the tank are zebras.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Miss M

If you only have zebra's then i guess thay must be baby zebra's as i was thinking it was gonna be a livebeare in there somewhere.

Dont feed egg yolk unless you know what your doing, it pollutes the water very quickly.

Fry are tiny and not very easy to rear, get liquifry #1 and if possible newly hatched brine shrimp. at about 2 weeks old they will then take flake foods.

How to sex them is easy, females get quite fat ;) and the males have a more golden colour to the fin's.

Not completely sure what Danio eggs look like since they are egg scatterers...and they will eat their own eggs if they can find them when they're done. Mine try to spawn every once 'n a while, but I'm certain most of the eggs/fry get eaten.

egg fry and adult
mb5_fig1.jpg

and if you are really interested in the development of the fry
http://www.ucalgary.ca/UofC/eduweb/virtual...o/why_fish.html

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back