Zebra Danio Behavior

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

wherestoad

Reaction score
Hi all! So I have been out of town for a while and have only been to the house a few times during between trips. Iā€™ve noticed my fish swimming and circling each other a lot. Specifically these two. I canā€™t tell if they are trying to breed or something or they are stressed. There are only 5 of them now because one died a few months ago. But that never seemed to bother them. My friend (who has been watching them) has noticed this behavior too and took a video a while ago. Iā€™ll put screenshots of it below. And please excuse the dirty tank. I hadnā€™t had a chance to clean it out before leaving and my friend wouldnā€™t do it for me. I got home last night and will be able to clean it hopefully today or at latest tomorrow. I will be getting the water tested too since I havenā€™t done that in a few weeks either. My question:

Is this behavior normal? Breeding? Stress? What is this?

Also the screenshots are blurry because they are moving very very fast in circles with each other.

Attachments

• E5DBC027-B10D-40FF-BBCF-DED37CCF2E5C.jpeg
    E5DBC027-B10D-40FF-BBCF-DED37CCF2E5C.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 18
  • B1C3CE80-3B45-4567-BC39-8639B6B97B00.jpeg
    B1C3CE80-3B45-4567-BC39-8639B6B97B00.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 18
They look like they could be a pair spawning? If they are theyā€™ll probably do it early in the morning, especially if thereā€™s direct sunlight on the tank. They do this a few times, scattering a few eggs each time.

Post a vid of the behavior

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back