Zebra danio acting weird?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have 6 zebra danio in a 25 gallon with two platies, some mollie fry (in a quarantine box hanging thing in the tank), some shrimp and a snail. The tank seems to be cycled now, been up for over a month and I don’t have to do water changes very often. However I just had two mollies die randomly. One was caught up and decaying in one of the plants (as if he got stuck? He couldn’t have been there very long considering I had just seen him that morning and weird he was decaying so fast), and then another mollie who never looked that great to start but he was dead shoved up under the air stone.

So my danio usually dart around the tank, in and out of the plants and everything. But now they look like they’re freaking out darting left and right at the top of the tank and hanging in a very tight knit group near the filter. And I found one hiding under the air stone. I thought they were maybe mating? I really hope not. But could this be sign of sickness? They just seem to be acting weird

Will you please upload the best photo you can get of it? Is its stomach bloated? How does it's poop look?

What do you mean by seems to be cycled? is ammonia reading 0? How often are your water changes? Most of us do weekly water changes even for established tanks

What do you mean by seems to be cycled? is ammonia reading 0? How often are your water changes? Most of us do weekly water changes even for established tanks
I guess I should say it IS JUST cycled, but the fish death has spiked my ammonia, so I’ve done three water changes in the last three days, and I just did one about an hour ago and everything is back to 0.

Will you please upload the best photo you can get of it? Is its stomach bloated? How does it's poop look?
They’re fast so these were the best I was able to get lol. Ignore my Anubias hanging on for dear life
They don’t seem to be bloated in my opinion. Poops look the same as they always have

Attachments

• B015859D-4173-43C1-B227-59D6F30AC3DA.png
    B015859D-4173-43C1-B227-59D6F30AC3DA.png
    569.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 2B01F1E1-B257-4FE5-A1AF-DFE2D3DA811E.png
    2B01F1E1-B257-4FE5-A1AF-DFE2D3DA811E.png
    523.5 KB · Views: 41

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back