Zebra Catfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smokeyjo

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys I would love to get a zebra catfish but I don't know where to find 1 and how mcuh they would cost any help would be appreciated

Have to say they are stunning.
Have never seen one in a LFS but I hear around £250 each.

The zebra pleco is becoming more popular here in Canada. We have some guys who are breeding them so the demand has been reduced. Saying that, they are still about $100.00

There seems to be a difference though between tank bred ones, tank bred seem to go for less than the £250, not much, but slightly.

Would love to get one, by far the best looking plec around IMO.

I'd love 1 they stay pretty small too I think but I'm not paying £250 on 1 lol dont earn enough to spend that lol

Tank bred are available for well under 100 quid these days if you know a breeder.

Wild caught fish are technically illegal to export from Brasil and have been for a while.

There seem to be some listed on Ebay at the moment on and off i think there was a trio or foursome listed for 450 nicker....

There's one in my LFS and he's been there for a good 2 months. He's around £250 I believe.

I would pay up to £220 I think. I wouldn't go as far as £250.
I've never seen one in any LFS though, pretty poor selection of fish here.

There are ones available for 75 quid each to Jo public on a plec forum right now, based in NE of England.

Too small to sex though

There are ones available for 75 quid each to Jo public on a plec forum right now, based in NE of England.

Too small to sex though

I'd be willing to pay that and get a pair to breed but if they are too small to sex its too much of a risk then lol if any 1 sees any forsale let me know if the price is reasonable lol x

Sexable adults will be way more than that and for a proper breeding project then you want mixed bloodlines not siblings

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back