Yuck Yuck Yuck!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I have just cleaned out the filter on my plec tank, its the first time I have cleaned this filter and there is no prime on it, I had to suck start it. That was bad enough but what made it harder was one of the plecs kept sucking on the intake pipe at the same time. I swear he was laughing at me!!!!!!!!!!!

Please please someone tell me some other way to get an external filter going without having to suck on the outlet pipe!!!! (thats what it says in the instruction manual. I am never going to buy a filter without opening the box and reading the manual first)

i put the crap sucking end in the tank and the clean water outlet in a bucket and turn the filter on and as soon as water comes out i put my finger on the end and pop it in the tank. the water doesn't have to pump up as hard

just found a squeezer tool to start syphoning hoses which i thought was genius might work well for your problem as well though. You just kind of pump it with your hand and it starts the water flow

oh yeah i forgot about them yeah they are good, yeah just take the original pipe off and put the squeezy siphon bit on the outlet and pump away brilliant lol

Good thinking wills, I am sure I have one of those somewhere, unless I have thrown it out.

Hiya Jay, hows the new turtles settling in?

Just had a look, they are only a couple of quid, will smile sweetly at hubby, if that doesnt work I will get him to suck the pipe next time, then I will get one lol

dont u have a hose pipe? if so then place one end in the tank, turn it on fast then rip the part off the tap .. this will create a backflow, and it will drain its self, or invest in one of those gravel vacks that they sell for Biorbs, it has a blue squezzy pump half way thru it :)

the old ways are usually the best, but not in this case.. yuk!! :lol:

Most reactions

Back