Yoyos and Barbs Eating Veggies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Got some bamboo skewers from Walmart, a pack for just $0.88. The barbs and pleco enjoyed the butternut squash, the loaches not so much.

Attachments

• 20210904_232819.jpg
    20210904_232819.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210904_232814.jpg
    20210904_232814.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 50
I don't have steak, but I do have raw chicken chunks. As far as cheese goes, do you think they'll like swiss?
Not raw chicken cook it first. Swiss will be fine my fish had cheddar. I had a mate who had a 6 foot tank beside his dinning table. It was full of Oscars, what he ate they ate. I loved going around there for dinner. You would cut off apiece of steak and throw it to the fish. They were amazing.

Not raw chicken cook it first. Swiss will be fine my fish had cheddar. I had a mate who had a 6 foot tank beside his dinning table. It was full of Oscars, what he ate they ate. I loved going around there for dinner. You would cut off apiece of steak and throw it to the fish. They were amazing.
I will definitely try it! Tomorrow maybe, since tonight they have already been fed.

Hello :)
That is normal as those fish are omnivore. Yoyo prefer a mostly carnivorous diet : 75% animal proteins, 25 % vegetarian proteins. Same for Barbs that are greedy even aggressive while eating.

A recent discussion brought to mind feeding my fish veggies (which I try to do every week). Usually I feed frozen veg, but my boss had some fresh zucchini from his garden, so everybody got a chunk. Here are some of the denizens of my 55 eating a slice.

Love the communal eating experience. What a bunch of cuties!

A recent discussion brought to mind feeding my fish veggies (which I try to do every week). Usually I feed frozen veg, but my boss had some fresh zucchini from his garden, so everybody got a chunk. Here are some of the denizens of my 55 eating a slice.

Is it cactus wood I see ?

Seeing all those yoyos really making me miss and want loaches again! They were loving that courgette, I didn't know they'd like fresh veg so much!

Really liked the odd cameo where the ram was patrolling too 😍

Seeing all those yoyos really making me miss and want loaches again! They were loving that courgette, I didn't know they'd like fresh veg so much!

Really liked the odd cameo where the ram was patrolling too 😍
I really like my little bolivian ram. I was thinking about getting a few more, but the ones at my it's are about 25% larger than my little guy. He is in the exact same place when I turn the tank lights on in the morning.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back