Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Tried and Failed...

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Not a chance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

budified

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Bud. Saying my name means "friend", but if you spell it really fast it says "beauty"(b-u-d).

I may not be here often, but I will return in time...

I have always been a fan of hosting fish in my home, it adds a certain level of zen to your space. The background music of the hum of the air pump muffled out by the splatter of filter water agitating the surface has its own benefits, but my favorite part is simply watching the fish do what they do in an inadequately sized environment.

I have had a large range of aquatic pets, including but not limited to mollies, guppies, tetras, cichlids, plecos, loaches, cats, bichers, crayfish, sharks, the list goes on...

I have recently decided to get back into the hobby as my 6 year old decided he wanted a goldfish. Using the "Cycle" product failed and so I am now setting up a newer bigger better tank (35 gallon) and doing an ammonia induced cycle. I am less than a week into the cycle, and have been continuing my research, and wound up here.

I found myself here via a thread with a very informative set of links

This set of links helped me understand the true benefit of cycling your tank naturally and NOT using the bottled bacteria from the LFS.

I also found your "Read this first" post in the "Cycle your tank" Forum to be the easiest to comprehend explanation of the Add and Wait ammonia cycling method I have found so far.

These 2 posts are the reason I joined, and now my friends, you've been Bud-ified.

I've cycled my 3 tanks with the method explained on this forum with great success. First tank took about 35 days to cycle. But other 2. tanks, using ammonia and established media from the first tank, took about 10 days. I fully stocked each tank upon cycling completion.

Takes patience but the reward of causing no harm to fish added after cycling properly is well worth it.

I do have the option of taking some filter media from a friend of mine, but I prefer to try it the "brand new tank" way, as I cannot be certain about anything with said friend...

It will be well worth it though I am sure, looking forward to picking out some new housemates!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back