Your Biggest Catfish Picks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think your boyfriend saw the wells catfish on the fishing channels. these are true monsters which are often found in fishing lacks eating the entire stock.

I think your boyfriend saw the wells catfish on the fishing channels. these are true monsters which are often found in fishing lacks eating the entire stock.

ohhh that might have been it then :rolleyes: i take it the channles are its smaller cousin i dont really know much about cold water catfish

~12" megalodoras uranoscopus, in its home, a styrofoam box!
mega2.jpg

j/k about the styrofoam box

snap astro!

megalodoras%20(2).JPG

this is my 8" megalodoras, 6 months or so ago a few minutes after it arrived direct from peru.

Well here is a pic of our electric catfish. don't mind the substrate has been recently changed to sand just havent had a chance to get the pics. :p He/she is 11 inches now. In this pic it was about 8.
sausage.jpg
sausage2.jpg
I'll try and find a pic of our old marble cat, he was about 1 1/2 ft when we got gave him to our lfs. someone bought him a few days later He was a beaut!

snap astro!

megalodoras%20(2).JPG

this is my 8" megalodoras, 6 months or so ago a few minutes after it arrived direct from peru.
Nice fish! Very big eaters though, have you heard it vocalize?

One time during feeding one of my bichirs bit one of its barbels and didn't let go. The mega vocalized the loudest growl/vibration i've heard, loudest sound i've heard from a fish! It literally shook the tank.

nah he hasn't said a squeek yet, even after me shifting him to about from another tank. I don't usually see him out and about unless i go and look at the tank quite a while after i'ved fed.

nah he hasn't said a squeek yet, even after me shifting him to about from another tank. I don't usually see him out and about unless i go and look at the tank quite a while after i'ved fed.
i dont think you really want to hear him. my 4 inch raphael did it once when i was moving him to the new tank and i almost dropped him.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back