Your Biggest Catfish Picks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

solidshark55

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi im intressted in seeing all of your guyses biggest catfish so show me the pictures

I will try and post a picture later on today (have to get my son to do it). My Pleco isn't enormous, about 9" . :)

post-585-1132217528.jpg

24 inch Liearius pictus and 14 & 10" Sorubim lima's

It's got to be my "Big Mama," a wild caught, bronze C. aeneus:

BronzeC.jpg

:D :lol: :D

Hi, here are a couple of pictures of my Common Pleco. As I said he/she is 9" at the moment,depending on what type of Common it is, it could reach 2ft. :)

cat1.JPG

cat2.JPG

I'm not sure how fast they grow. Mine was 2 - 3" when I bought it in May (I think it was May, I only recently started keeping a log book) and now he/she is 9". They can live 20 - 25 years so I don't know if they reach adult size when they are young or what. Mine has grown a lot in a short space of time ! He is not tame yet, he swims away if he sees anyone near the tank. He is an "ordinary" catfish but I find him fascinating and funny to watch. Plus he keeps the tank clear of algae. :)

He looks very nice. I like his face and eyes. Do they have to live on their own? I read that you can tell a catfish that will eat other fish if they have those "feelers" like yours has. Is that right? :)

blimey that asian red-tail looks extremely cramped. It will no doubt suffer deformities if the tank isnt as deep as the fish itself, which from looking at the picture it doesnt appear to be.

Ben

I would agree, though judging by the stocklist in their signature i dont think that is a priority for them :(

Most reactions

trending

Back