Your Advice Please:)

muddybunny

Reaction score
Firstly Hi! :rolleyes:
Can i pick some of your knowledgeable brains please...............I have a 600ltr tank populated with mollies,neon,silver sharks and cats of various types along with 3 plecs .........My problem is The tank has been running for 8/9 months now and we decided to treat our fish to a new filter the FX5 as we had the auqa ones that came with the tank and they just did not seem to be coping to well..anyway ..I have the tank running on RO water, (i have a question about that 2 but will ask that in a bit!) back to the tale...I was running 2 aqua ones so i replaced one of these with the FX5 and left the other one running I used thefilter media from the old aqua one in the FX5 ....so kinda expected everything to run pretty smoothly How wrong can one be............Sadly the filter obviously was not cultured enough and I ended up with amonia posioning I managed to turn the tank around and the levels were back to a good quality level within 24 hours I am now doing a daily partial water change and the levels are staying good but I am still loosing fish 2 days after the levels returned to normal it is getting heartbreaking watching my beloved fish dyeing off and not being able to do any more to help them...can anyone give me any magical cure to stop them dying or at least give me an idea of a time scale befor the fish will stop getting sick...............
sorry this has been so long winded but i am at my whits end...
thank you i look forward to your help

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back