Young Plant Society

Colonel Mustard

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Are there any young people out there that would be interested in forming an aquatic plant society, specifically for younger people (between 10-17?) just to make the hobby appeal more to young people, also giving them resources to mature their knowledge.

i have a few ideas as to what would happen that we could discuss. but atm i just wanted to know whether there is any interest.

(feel free to pm me if you want more detail)

im definately interested im 15
and i wouldnt mind helping out on a planted section
ive been keeping fish for 8 years now

I would be very interested in this. I'm 15 and the majority of my fishkeeping appeal is planted tanks.

I think there could be a bit of interest, but I'm not sure that there are that many young planted tank enthuisiasts. I would definitely be willing to get involved.

Is it perhaps a better long term idea to consider whether the UKAPS would be interested in having a junior 'section'? My only concern is that once the founding members get too old the situation may be difficult to maintain?

Is it perhaps a better long term idea to consider whether the UKAPS would be interested in having a junior 'section'?

I was just thinking of this. As I think it would probably be quite difficult for us younger people to get a society off the ground, the only problem would be that UKAPS is really for people from just the UK.

I guess there will be a flow of new members, but yes after a while all the members will get too old.

Is it perhaps a better long term idea to consider whether the UKAPS would be interested in having a junior 'section'? My only concern is that once the founding members get too old the situation may be difficult to maintain?
i did think of this
my only worry is whether the ukaps, who are at the moment just trying to get the society off the ground, would like to include this. It my however be a possibility when the society is fully formed.

there could be stages in the society ie. junior, intermediate and developed plant keeper. this way there would be the Founders, then admin for each section

Well asking about the junior ukaps thing might not hurt. who knows who would be best to ask?

I'm sure some UKAPS founders will see this thread anyway. As a lot of the founders are members on here, in fact UKAPS sort of originated from this forum.

I know this it a bit different to plants, but how about a young fishkeepers society? Which would be aimed at all the young fishkeepers in the UK. You could have sections for planted tanks and fish.

I know this it a bit different to plants, but how about a young fishkeeper's society

yeah i suppose this could be a good idea, though it would be a bigger challenge, harder to create the website and get hosting.

Most reactions

Back