Young endler

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Divinityinlove

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Why does this endler follow the female guppy so persistently?

These young endlers and female guppies are newly added to this tank. So far I'm trying to get them to understand where the food drops in as they don't race to the food whilst my regulars do and finish it all off. I end up having to drop extra and getting it to disperse because they'll be on the other side of the tank taking no notice until it is all gone.

But I'm also wondering why they're so fascinated with this one particular female that even when she is coming to eat, this guy just follows her and ignores the food. Is he wanting to mate? It is hard to capture on video but it's been days and he doesn't let go of her. She is eating and he is literally just watching her and he gets distracted then runs to find her again right after.

Their drive to mate is strong and for some reason this male has fixated on this one particular female.

In general, nothing to be worried about. It's just natural mating behavior of this male. But if that will cost a lot of energy to the female, I'd put more females in there. Or more hiding spots. It's just nature what's going on here...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back