You Put What In Your Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

adam123

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has put a Valentino Puffer Fish in their tank and watched it
slowly destroy the whole tank in a few days??? :)

I saw him at the lfs and he looked awesome, didnt do much research and later found that he has
a taste for corals.

He has also killed a couple of my hermit crabs.

I guess i should take him out?

anyone else had any experiences?

Adam

p.s please dont lecture me, ive learnt already

Sounds like if you don't take him out, you'll be left with a FOWLR tank.

I'm not real familiar with puffers, but I believe any puffer is not considered reed safe.

p.s please dont lecture me, ive learnt already

No lecture, just a reminder next time to ask :good:. There are no dumb questions, only those left un-answered :blush:. You've observed the consequences of having a valentini puffer, are you willing to accept those or do you really want corals?

Interesting... I have a Valentini puffer in my tank and the only things hes ever touched are the sand sifting snails (with no luck) and it picked at a clam i bought so had to return that.

Its possibly because i bought mine really small, but Im quite happy to keep him in my reef tank.

Ben

what tank is he in?

He's in a 120L i think thats about 30Gal??? not too sure in conversion rate.

he picked off my snails last night too :)

im just going to put him in a seperate tank for now, and then maybe set up
a larger tank with just LR and a couple of fish.

he's sooo cool, its hard to get angry with him!

They are a fascinating fish and very intelligent. It would be worth setting up a 30Gal FOWLR for him and some other fish, maybe a blenny to keep on top of algae, a sand sifting goby to sift your sand....

Ben

They are a fascinating fish and very intelligent. It would be worth setting up a 30Gal FOWLR for him and some other fish, maybe a blenny to keep on top of algae, a sand sifting goby to sift your sand....

Ben

what do you mean by intelligent? I've heard the word thrown around when describing fish but never realised what actually is an intelligent fish

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back