You Occupation Or Vocation

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I am a fully qualified Horticulturalist, but working for the dodgy Regional council that I work for I might as well have been a meat worker or ex-crim....oh hang on that's who they mostly hire any way. Just find it so annoying that they wont recognise ability and qualifiactions and instead keep promoting people with no hort skills within the parks department.

Nice to know its not just here in the uk! The thing I can't stand is that when they set temporary workers on they have no idea about gardening, which, in the height of summer when its flat out is more hassle than help as I then have to show them what to do, so it takes me off my job aswell as them from theirs and ends up taking twice as long.

Do you have the same managers I have? LOL (sarcastically), honestly they must take lessons on how to mess with the good staff, they must find it easier managing a bunch of no brainers over experienced gardeners. I have had to teach my newly appoionted leading hands :angry: who supposidly where better qualified than me for the position :blink: . Our work is loathe to put on casuals even when we have hardly any staff and the town keeps growing with new housing estates law required parks being handed over to Council every year. In QLD any new housing developments must provide/ leave so much open space park land dependant upon how much land has gone to houses. These estates only have to maintain these patches of park land for 12months and then these parks become Councils responsibility. It's got to the point at work that all I do is turn up, do my alloted hours and bolt home at the first oppurtinity, most days it feels more like a prison sentence than anything remotely enjoyable.

ex-crim....oh hang on that's who they mostly hire any way.

arent you all ex crims in Oz? :crazy: sorry I'll grab my coat....#

Id love that kind of outdoor job

Ahhh but only some are desendants of Englands ex-crims :D , now we are trying to keep out everyone elses undersireables more than capable of breeding our own crims by the boat load.

I was a full time carer to my mother who had Alzheimer's for the last 10 years.
She passed away recently, so I guess I'm unemployed, & at my age it seems here in the uk, unemployable..

I am sorry for your loss Cazgar - I know how difficult your situation is.

whilst you feel unemployable at the moment remember that you have spent the last 10 years doing something really valuable

They obviously go on the same courses... :rolleyes: Just have to bite your tongue sometimes and smile, then do it your way anyway. lol.

I am the guy who decides that your car is worth less than what it really is when it gets written off by your insurance company!!

Then when you complain I offer you the TRUE value :lol:

I am the guy who decides that your car is worth less than what it really is when it gets written off by your insurance company!!

Then when you complain I offer you the TRUE value :lol:

lol @livewire, im the guy that decides wether your car get's a 12month ticket on it or not lol

work for vauxhall as a tech/tester

I want to know where the traffic wardens are? Come on, own up. There must be one of those sneaky, slimey wee people lurking about. Show yourself.

I jut got a job at burger king :/

But I'll be going to school in Fall for Interior Design. Among other basic stuff like math and english and all that stuff I need to continue on due to special education classes all through grade school

gonna be a fun time

But I'll be going to school in Fall for Interior Design. Among other basic stuff like math and english and all that stuff I need to continue on due to special education classes all through grade school

gonna be a fun time

a job's a job's dude better then being jobless :)

I am a Team Leader for a big pub chain, and loving it :)

gonna be a fun time

Don't knock it mate. You've got a job at a time when millions in your country don't and not only that, you are taking a job that millions would turn their noses up at as not being good enough for them. If it pays a wage and doesn't involve clubbing baby seals to death then it's good enough for me!

My brother is very specific about the kind of jobs he wants, so much so that after leaving school at 16 it was 18 months before he got a job. I would have happily taken a job working on a dust cart if I needed to but each to their own :).

Theres a job which allows you to club baby seals.

Interesting........

Most reactions

Back