You Guys Rock!

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
I've been so pleased with the advice & all that I get on this forum, that I never even considered to try another.... but the one thing that bugs me is when I see any "free to a good home" or "guaranteed BN Breeding pair for sale" etc. etc. etc.... & I know that I cannot participate in these deals, cause being in S.A., it's just not practical.......

So yesterday, I decided to register on a local forum, and (as a newby), I politely said hello to everyone and intro'd myself.... I entered the site again this morning, & since my last posting (yesterday at about 10am), NO new posts were made on the entire forum and I was the 7th person online (guests included) FOR THE DAY!!!!

I decided that maybe I was just unfortunate & drew a bummer, so I joined yet another LOCAL forum and likewise.... (even posted a few photos) to date, I've not even had one view, and the last posting, was made sometimes last Thursday!!!!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!
 
My plane landed in South Africa, you have a nice airport in J'osi! Anyhow, I think this may be the largest and most active aquarium forum.
 
My plane landed in South Africa, you have a nice airport in J'osi! Anyhow, I think this may be the largest and most active aquarium forum.

Ha! Ha!!....Welcome to my country..... WATCH YOUR WALLET!!!!!! (& Mobile phone... and Luggage....and......)
 
Good to know! This is the best fish forum ne ways. ;);)

Hey, is that your choco gourami? It looks awesome!
 
I def dont think this is the largest... there is a marine forum that dwarfs this, but that place is huge......

Most local forums are like that Ludwig, even here in the US.... There are far less hobbyiests locally obv then when you include the whole world, so there are gonna be fewer posts, threads, and overall participation for the most part.... hence why bigger, "everybody welcome" sites are great!

:good:
 
yes we the best forum in town :unsure:
iam not sure that fishkeeping is big bussiness in south africa :blink:
much like colombia you have the fish but people do not enjoy keeping the fish in tanks, ive noticed since my first trip back in 2001 to colombia that the hobbies on just started taking off, 1st time in medellin i saw one shop, this year when i was there i counted into double figures :good:
 
SSShhh peter let him!! look at him practising his welsh so theyll let him in Wales " boyo"
will u be wearing your floppy hat and driving your scooby with "barbie wheels" when you arrive ??
and dont forget your passport ;)
 
ha if i ever go, the way the markets are i will be ages :crazy:
thanks pete but internets world wide, i could be just like a overseas buddy ludwig,,,,,
me wants a scooby but the colour pink :shifty:
IMG_5074.jpg
 
yes we the best forum in town :unsure:
iam not sure that fishkeeping is big bussiness in south africa :blink:
much like colombia you have the fish but people do not enjoy keeping the fish in tanks, ive noticed since my first trip back in 2001 to colombia that the hobbies on just started taking off, 1st time in medellin i saw one shop, this year when i was there i counted into double figures :good:

When I went to Zambia I got mum to take me to the LFS, they weren't too bad, they had alot of zebras, some guppies, and pretty good supplies.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top