Yipee! Just Took Delivery Of My New Rio 400!

I haven't bought fish since september. My Fluval 260 is empty of decoration & fish, but still is cycled and has sand. will this do?
 
I haven't bought fish since september. My Fluval 260 is empty of decoration & fish, but still is cycled and has sand. will this do?

When you say it is cycled, how do you know? How recently has it had fish in it?

If it doesn't have a steady supply of ammonia (from fish poo) then the bacteria will die off.

You may be wise to split the fish between the two tanks and do daily water changes on each, that way you have less quantity of fish waste in each tank. Also do not feed the fish for at least a couple of days.

Not a nice situation to be in this. Are all the other tanks you mentioned full or cycled or what, you could maybe clone some media to speed up the cycle in other tanks.

Good luck with this
 
the fluval 260 is cycle cos have moved some fish over. I think I will split between the both tanks
 
seems the best option. If all of the fish you listed were in the fluval in the first place then I would move them all back, feed them sparingly for a week and look up on here about fishless cycling of your 400.

You can speed up the whole process by adding some extra media from your fluval to the juwel.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on
 
Couldn't you put the Fluval 260 water into your Rio 400?

Surely that water is better then the water you've get in now, and it'll also lower the waiting list on cycling? You'll ofcourse have to keep 160litres of water that you have in the tank now, but take out 260.

Just a suggestion.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top