Yet Another Death

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
For no particular reaon my lapradei dropped dead last night, he seem to of been bullied a bit after seeing his tail tip being shredded but I'm putting cause of death down to internal problems.

Looking back since I had him he never put on weight, even though he was a good eater.

totals up to 3 fish in 2 weeks now totalling £220 worth of losses.

It always seems to come in waves paul, i lost over £300 worth of fish over the space of a couple of months last year and it nearly made me sell the lot and give up, but as i had it pointed out to me then when you keep a large number of fairly difficult or sensative fish you have to expect losses some times, it sucks but thats just the way it is.

Thats the thrid lap i know of that just seemed to die for no apparent reason.I had a delhezi swimming just fine one minute, the next barrel roll thru the tank and was gone in 4 hours I suspected an internal bacterial infection-Anne

I'm not sure what he did in his dieing minutes but i found him upside down wedged underneath my megalodoras.

I'm not sure what he did in his dieing minutes but i found him upside down wedged underneath my megalodoras.
Heres what i was able to observe
the lap
kind of heavy breathing opening and closing mouth hours before (water chemistry was fine)
did a water change anywyas found him the next morning basicly upside down in a plants
The delhezi had the good graces to do this while iwas awake
he was swimming fine then barrel rolled in the water
ending up belly up
it seemed to have a creeping paralysis starting at the back end creeping forward and an inability to stabilize himself
I tried moving him to a much smaller space and adding antibiotics but it did no good an autopsy on both revealed no internal parasitic infestation or apparent damage -Anne

Sad conclusion stuff happens tho i did get some interesting pics of the laps internals

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back