Reaction score
Cutie-pie overload.:lol::blush::flowers::wub::p

Why dont I have these? :wub:

:shout: :shout::mama::mama::wub::angel:

:wub:
:wub:
17b4de0f42df713d0e3e9e982cfd6308.jpg
:wub::hyper:

God damn cories. They're all so frickin cute but my water is too hard.
Oh, okay.
Thanks, Texas.
No panda cory
No saltypepper cory
No Habrosus
No other I forget the name blacky-white?
No sterbai
No bronzy-bronze
I remain alone
There is no God
Things fall apart
The center cannot hold

@vanalisa that's the most beautiful reply.

Awe, thanks. Now I'm feeling a wee bit naughty...
I should have cited W. B. Yeats for the last two lines...It's from his 1919 poem
The Second Coming
It's just that sometimes when I read or hear something that hits a nerve I will forever after incorporate into my own speech.
On here, texting is speech!
Basically, in choosing those lines, I am using the feeling of the poem to express how I feel about cories I cannot have!
Gotta laugh at myself because, clearly Yeats would not have written his vision of apocalyptic revelation about :

Here I'll post the first part of the poem and If you like it you should look up and read the rest. The power of his words evoke beauty even second hand and out of context!

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Last edited:
Sorry i was going to say theres no reason you cant have panda's sterbi's or bronze's with a gh of 10 but just realised it was AilyNC that said their water was to hard.

Sorry i was going to say theres no reason you cant have panda's sterbi's or bronze's with a gh of 10 but just realised it was AilyNC that said their water was to hard.
Oh, I thought 10 was hard!
So there's hope?
The backstory is: thanks to some of the other nembers I just recently started looking at cories. They're actually not that, ehm, whiskery-scarey and creepy when they are small ones and in little playful groups. I especially like the small, less whiskery ones.
So when I saw these

(Any excuse to look at them again)
I got excited. Then @AilyNC commented on hard water. I thought 10 was really hard so then I got my Hope's dashed and posted the reply.

10 dH is in between soft and hard. Sort of middling. As long as you avoid those cory species which must have soft water, the others should be fine. That includes C. hastatus, the ones in the photo - if you can find any. They are the least common of the dwarf species.

The thing is I have just recently flirted on the edge of the tank that is the coryadora.
These:
Wait for it ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toppled me over the edge. Then, hope's dashed upon the rocky Texas water, I spilled my heart upon the page to tell all my tale of woe.
Things just kind of inflated after that and became a blur.

10 dH is in between soft and hard. Sort of middling. As long as you avoid those cory species which must have soft water, the others should be fine. That includes C. hastatus, the ones in the photo - if you can find any. They are the least common of the dwarf species.
Thanks! Will put on my wish list.
I wonder why I got the impression 10 was really hard?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back