tropicalwaters

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hello,

after my water params were
amonia 0
nititre 0
nitatre under 10

i added 2 yellow tailed damsels, 2 hermits, and a skunk cleaner. They hid for a while, but finally they would show up once in a while. its been 3 days, but i noticed that 1 is either at the bottom gasping or at the top. I looked closely and dont see any signs of parasites, or ich..
the other damsel and the shrimp are fine- the other damsel is not gasping and acting normal.
Ive fed a small amount of food, and they all ate.

I just checked my water params again and everything is good, nitatres under 10, PH 8.3, SG 1.023- 24G with 25 lbs of LR .what could it be? stress? the guy at the LFS did handle them rather roughly- but why only one? any help would be great, thanks.

Could be stress, and could also be a combination of stress and low O2 levels. how's your surface agitation?

Ii have the aquapod, and it has 2 arms from the pump and they are both pointing to the surface. So you can see good movement, the other fish are acting fine though.

loads of things can cause stress and if they are new additions it could be that your setup is completely different to LFS could be acclimatisation problems, stress from transit, the list is really endless im afraid, aniother possability is that as you only have 2 damsels they could be fighting and the weaker one always comes off worse then once its not doing to well the other carrys on having a go, such is the joy of damsels.

Most reactions

Back