Yellow/creamy patches on goldfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi

My goldfish rynkin has been under the weather for a few days, He has creamy white patches where his orange scales used to be (changed from orange to creamy white overnight) his top fin is down and his gills are swollen and some of his scales are missing mainly near his gill arches and some on his body.

I've isolated him in a tank which i have added 1 teaspoon of salt and stresscoat, but hasnt made much of an improvement.

I'm thinking along the lines of a parasite infestation or viral infection, i been trailing through disease pages but haven't had much luck.

Water parametres are 0mg ammonnia, 0.1mg nitrite, 25mg nitrate and Ph of 7.3 (not much to report)

In the quantine tank he's sitting either on the bottom or at a diagional angle in the water.

He is breathing really slow and looks as though he's sleeping.

Whats wrong with Tipsy?

bigfish,
I wish I had seen this earlier. How is Tipsy doing? I can think of 2 things that cause yellowish white patches. The first is simply sexual maturity. When a young male goldie reaches maturity, he develops 'Breeding Stars', always located near the gills and head. I thought my boys had some nasty disease when they got theirs. The second thing I can think of is 'Carp Pox'. It's not deadly, almost harmless and usually only occurs when the water temp is at a certain point, generally after winter thaw heading into spring. I hear that carp pox will return every year, a bit worse with each occurrence. It's unsightly, but not dangerous. I am including one of the best sites I know for diagnosing pond fish disease. Hope it's all good and your boy has recovered totally.

http://www.koivet.com/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back