Yellow Clown Goby Sick!

milkton

Fishaholic
Reaction score
first i would like to say. sorry for posting so much, trieing to do as much research as i can but cant find any direct answers to my questions. :(

oh no, my yellow clown goby has about 8 white bumps on him! i cant get a picture cause they are too small, could it be itch? when i got him from the store and brought him home, i realized the bumps.

it looks like hes fine though.. except that this is the second day for him in the tank and he hasnt ate yet. 2.5g tank, 3 lbs live rock, 1 20g aquaclear filter.

not sure if this will help but, the bumps look like a small coating of yellow slime around the white dot on the goby's body.

what do u think this is? i heard ppl FW dip to fight off diseases but first i want to clarify wat the disease is. :shout:

thx for help

*EDIT*
oh sorry, i forgot to mention, are freshwater dips safe? will it kill the fish easily?

*EDIT*
oh, man, my bad posted in wrong section.. could an admin pls move this post to the saltwater fish section.. sorry

FW dips will not kill fish. Usually spot infections like you describe are parasitic in nature (including ich, if that's what it is). I would reccomend starting with a freshwater dip, but you've got a bigger problem on your hands. If the fish isn't eating, any treatment will be a waste of time. Did you ask the store what it may have been eating there before you purchased it?

FW dips will not kill fish. Usually spot infections like you describe are parasitic in nature (including ich, if that's what it is). I would reccomend starting with a freshwater dip, but you've got a bigger problem on your hands. If the fish isn't eating, any treatment will be a waste of time. Did you ask the store what it may have been eating there before you purchased it?

yeah.... well, they told me they like to nip at the copepods in ur tank..not really sure if they meant he usedto eat copepods but ill call up tommorow cause its 12 n the morning here haha. i have some spirulina (not sure if spelled correct) brine shrimp.. i dropped some on top of him, and it just slid over his face, he didnt seem like he was interested.

is he most likely guna die o.o?

thxx

Most reactions

Back