Yellow circles in shrimp only tank what are they?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ladykelly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok I noticed these tiny yellow circles in my shrimp only tank. I have red rili shrimp and I know a few already molted. No berries shrimp yet. Now the seller told me when berried these rili has yellow eggs.... I'm wondering if maybe one if the females molted and these are eggs from it? It is in my java moss. The shrimp are not eating them. Infact they are yellow and seems to have no fungus on them that I can see. I noticed these "eggs" 2 days ago. I try to take a picture but thry are very very tiny.
20200711_060827.jpg

Well... first off, shrimp don't actually lay eggs, so the things in the image aren't eggs. Secondly, the image isn't clear enough for me to see them. I will need some better pictures in order to see what you are talking about.

Ok I noticed these tiny yellow circles in my shrimp only tank. I have red rili shrimp and I know a few already molted. No berries shrimp yet. Now the seller told me when berried these rili has yellow eggs.... I'm wondering if maybe one if the females molted and these are eggs from it? It is in my java moss. The shrimp are not eating them. Infact they are yellow and seems to have no fungus on them that I can see. I noticed these "eggs" 2 days ago. I try to take a picture but thry are very very tiny.View attachment 109603
Possibly some new growth on your plant?

I can't tell from the picture but yes. Female shrimp can molt while carrying eggs. This indicates that there's something wrong in your water parameters, does that "egg" come with the shrimp exoskeleton?

I know they dont but my research says that sometimes if they go into a early molt and have eggs they be attach to the old skin....theres a couple left on moss but I dont think they will survive but still curious on what they were.....

I can take picture close up until they get off the dift wood....

They are abandoned eggs, I had that with rcs. The small berried shrimp dumped her eggs, maybe she wasn't strong because she was young. It hasn't happened since.

If its eggs then there's something wrong/mistake with your water. Check it out. And that egg can survive, if you want to save it.
You have to manually take care of that egg just like how shrimp take care of it. Or else it might be a fungus magnet for your aquarium :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back