Yellow Bellied Turtle Questions?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gutted, absolutely gutted!

I had 2 tanks, 1 hex and one small one for putting baby livebearers in, outside my back door on my little porch bit, I went to get them a minute ago to set the hex up for some turtles...........

and they have been stolen! im deastated, I need to buy a new tank now!

Gutted, absolutely gutted!

I had 2 tanks, 1 hex and one small one for putting baby livebearers in, outside my back door on my little porch bit, I went to get them a minute ago to set the hex up for some turtles...........

and they have been stolen! im deastated, I need to buy a new tank now!
Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you get a tank and your turtle soon.

I changed the basic lamp with a uvb strip light. as below.
IMG00031.jpg

looks good fella. My mum has a friend getting rid of a tank, decent size I think so I may be bck in business! I spoke to someone earlie who said they saw my fish tanks going up in Hele road in ashopping trolley!!

Where did you get the UVB from, the place in Preston?

Yep, I used the place in Preston. They were very helpful. Since I set the new light up the little fella has been a lot more active and seems happier!

Just collected the new tank, 110litres, in a square shape, seems absolutely ideal!

Just need to get my lights and my turtles now!

How your little chap settling in?

He's settling in just fine. Not watching much tv at the moment as he is so comical to watch! Hope you sort your tank out soon. What turtle have you decided to go for?

I was thinking of taking the dog down the beach today, is it ok to grab some nice rocks down there for my turtle tank, obviously they will need a good clean, whats thebest method of cleaning?
and also, when fillin the tank, do turtles need dechlorinated water like fish?

i recommend smooth river rock. Salty rock might be hard to clean well, to get all the salt off. You could soak them in fresh water for a week or two to try.

I changed the basic lamp with a uvb strip light. as below.
IMG00031.jpg

Fill that tank up! the turtle won't drown, they're fully aquatic. get a stick on the side basking ramp.
the tank itself is imo quiet small, you need a 20 gallon long tank, not a tall for turtles.

I realise the tank is not big enough and as I stated earlier in the thread it is temporary. I have filled the tank half way up now I have a decent basking platform, and have re-adjusted the lights by making a wooden platfrom accros the top. I only showed that picture to show the new uvb light I had purchased instead of the basic arcadia lamp.
Brooksy

I realise the tank is not big enough and as I stated earlier in the thread it is temporary. I have filled the tank half way up now I have a decent basking platform, and have re-adjusted the lights by making a wooden platfrom accros the top. I only showed that picture to show the new uvb light I had purchased instead of the basic arcadia lamp.
Brooksy

ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay sorry sorry! me bad. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back