Yay ^.^ New Tank Here!

Leedsboi86

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
868
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leeds - United Kingdom
Hey everyone!

As some of you will know I recently moved home into a larger apartment(YAY) and mainly because it has a balcony hehe.
But when I moved I had to strip down and sell my Aquariums and fishies....

Well I have my new place all finished off and last night my partner got me my first Aquarium in our new home!
No idea what I'm gonna stock it with at moment just getting ready to start the cycle as soon as the water heats up enough.

It's running on a BioLife Filter and Digital LCD Light Timer so yay for not having to turn lights on and off lol.

Here's a pic of it as of now.
Soz about pic quality, was taken on my phone(My camerae hasn't got it's batts charged at mo)


 
Wicked! :D

is that a thermometer built into the hood?! :hyper:
 
What are the dimensions of the tank LxWxH
 
The Heater is built into the filter ^.^ as the power jets on one side the heater is on other so the water is heated then filtered before it comes back into the tank.

The Thermometer is the lil strip on the side of the glass, There is a way to display it on the LCD but I haven't got that far lol I have just set the clock and Auto On and Auto Off time so I don't have to mess about turning lights on and off.

Tank size is:
L: 27", W: 13", H: 16"
 
The Heater is built into the filter ^.^ as the power jets on one side the heater is on other so the water is heated then filtered before it comes back into the tank.

The Thermometer is the lil strip on the side of the glass, There is a way to display it on the LCD but I haven't got that far lol I have just set the clock and Auto On and Auto Off time so I don't have to mess about turning lights on and off.

ooh, that's pretty cool! :D
 
Its always nice to get a new tank :)

Why not just grab some ammonia from homebase, boots or B&Q, much easier.
 
I believe the bigger stores do, but I know for sure that Homebase do as thats where I get mine :)

There is a calculator at the top of the forum, top right, at the bottom there is a space for you to add your tank size, the amount of ammonia solution in the bottle you buy, usually 9.5%, then it tells you how much you will need to add to get to 5ppm to start the cycle off :)
 
Think it was £1.99 for a bottle, which is plenty to cycle several tanks :)
 
Ok so hows best way to start cycle I couldn't get raw ammonia

chuck a few prawns in there... :good:

do nitrite readings everyweek, and then when you start to get a decent amount of nitrites, add more prawns, and test for nitrates. When you get nitrates, wait a week and then test ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. you should have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and loads of nitrates.

do a water change and then add fish :D lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top