yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay new tank

nightlife20

Gettin back into it all after 4 yrs off
Reaction score
well mts as taken a hold :( and i dont think its gonan go away!

after going my lovley lfs today i was drooling over tanks (and prices!) got home worked out what i have to pay on bills and i found iv got just enough for the setup!

mint

im now gonna get a 4ft tank with stand ect and set it up tomoz.... ohhhhhhhhhh cant wait gettin goose pimples just thinkin about it.

well what should i put in this?

Dawn

ps... i want at least one betta in there.... kinda love my betta :wub: but if i want dif fish that i dont have to build around a betta then ill leave him out..... but... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh so hard!!! to think about what i want!!!

*edit* forgot to mention ill be leaveing stocking it for about 2 months this way i can avoid everything i encountered on my first tank.

I don't claim to be a Betta expert in any way but from what I have read in my Betta books would seem to indicate that a tank that big would be stressful for a Betta. They are as you know very teritorial and that is a big space for tham to protect. But again some one else may say different.

I have to put in my vote for a couple Dojo (weather) Loaches they are great.

Enjoy the new tank.

Rick 8)

If you want to put the betta in, you could try a clear fry breeding apparatus, but I agree that it would be very stressful for it. I suggest leaving the betta where it is.

You are so lucky! (There should be an emoticon for "green with envy") I would never be able to get enough money for fish now, even though I don't work and get a meager allowance.

Keep us posted. :D

well got to the lfs today with money at the ready only to find out

they had sold the last 4ft tank 10 mins before i got there :angry: :grr:

but then i clapped eyes on the 36" one :hyper: i grabbed the assistant and pointed to the one i wanted paid for it then went on a mad binge for gravel (natural colours this time) got my stand backing ect... left plants and bogwood where they were

lucky for me its a setup so all i gotta buy is the heater... wich i was miffed by cause i didnt realise this till i got home carnsarnit :angry:

did me gravel washing dumped it in the tank, filled it slapped the filter in and then added light ( even said the phrase 'let there be light' as i turned it on)

my fish were wondering what i was doin they were all stuck to the side of the tank lookin as if to say 'uh? what u doin? we got a home u mad woman!!!'

only problem is, the tank came with bogwood and 2 plastic (ewwwww) plants... the problem with this is.. the bogwood is too small!!! it floats!! so im gonna swap me bigger peice out of my old tank and put the smaller ones into the old tank with the big one in new tank... realy happy now :D

no stocking till jan as i spent all me money :(

came to roughly £165 add extra 18 for heater that i will be buying on thursday

Dawn xxxx

**edit** heres the tank *edit*
post-22-1071593515.jpg

Its great getting a new tank. all those decisions on what to put in etc etc, :D

The bogwood should sink in time, are you going to have real plants?

Hope all goes well

David :fish:

yeah cause i dont like plastic... always found my fish dead in them :( head down sorta thing... also i think live plants look much better all flowy and stuff :)

with it only being small bogwood i didnt think it would ever sink, iv taken it out atm just had to redo the backing on the tank... noticed that water had got behind when i was filling and the backing looked realy bad :( in patches

Dawn xxx

Most reactions

Back