Wtb Shrimps In Glasgow

aponc

Reaction score
Hello everybody :)
Im looking for fresh water shrimps (good alga eaters) in Glasgow. If you have some for sale let me know please.
Thanks

Wrong section. This is for discussion of care of shrimp and other inverts. You need to post this in the classified section >> United kingdom >> wanted sub section and fill out the request form.

Amano's or cherry shrimp would probably be best for you :). Amano's don't get offered very often on here as they are quite difficult to raise the young so would be best to go to your local fish shop for them. Cherry shrimp breed like rabbits and so get offered loads, drewry is the main supplier so if you contact him he will post you some, he doesn't post under 50 though as its too much effort for such a little cost.

What size is the tank?
How long has it been running after being cycled?
What is your planned stocking?

Wrong section. This is for discussion of care of shrimp and other inverts. You need to post this in the classified section >> United kingdom >> wanted sub section and fill out the request form.

Amano's or cherry shrimp would probably be best for you :). Amano's don't get offered very often on here as they are quite difficult to raise the young so would be best to go to your local fish shop for them. Cherry shrimp breed like rabbits and so get offered loads, drewry is the main supplier so if you contact him he will post you some, he doesn't post under 50 though as its too much effort for such a little cost.

What size is the tank?
How long has it been running after being cycled?
What is your planned stocking?

Hi sorry for wrong section and thanks for answer. Tank is 112l. I restarted it 2 weeks ago so is still fresh. I will have
6 x Corydoras sterbai,
2 x Plecs,
4 x Bolivian rams,
16 x neon innesa

Is it ok to add some cherry shrimps there?

Not to hot on my plecs but its probably a common pleco which is given the L number of 21-23 (l numbers are semi-scientifc classifications of plecos and common way to find species exact info). Its tedious but look through these images and id him from here, I reccomend you go through and right a short list of possibles then narrow it down as many look very similar.

Shrimp don't put much stress on the bioload so a colony of 50-60 and you should see plenty. If your buying from a local pet shop then get 10 and they should breed quite rapidly and provided you give them a small cave system and the tank is well planted the babies should survive however heavy attrition would occur as almost all fish love baby shrimp as a snack.

Mate if you go to the Paisley road shops you will find amanos no problem (best for your stocking). Aquarium Design Center has them in stock permanantly for something like 3 for a fiver and Coral Reef usually have them too (sometimes some absolute monsters).

Hello everybody :)
Im looking for fresh water shrimps (good alga eaters) in Glasgow. If you have some for sale let me know please.
Thanks

I just took out all the java moss from my tank so now its looking a bit overcrowded with cherry shrimp. I want to get rid of about 10 and would rather not post them so if you are interested in buying some let me know.

p.s. apologies this is in the wrong section

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back