WOW!!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Never2Bknown

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a cichlid aquarium with four African cichlids and four Synodontis catfish, 3 of them the tiny 2-inch upside-downers, and one five-inch, $18 monstrosity which even bulllies the cichlids sometimes.
Anyway, I have not had a chance to clean this aquarium or do a water change for some time. This evening, I did a water change by siphoning off some of the scum generally found in the gravel, expecting a whopper amount considering the last time I did a water change. I was shocked to find that there was only a minimal amount--what I'd usually find after only one week.
I have never had so thorough a bottom feeder before!! These catfish get an algae tablet every night in addition to what the cichlids leave behind, and are quite healthy. However, that apparently doesn't keep them from cleaning house and cleaning well!!! I'm even beginning to think that perhaps mister monstrosity was worth $18 dollars after all. He's like an aquatic vacuum cleaner.

Anybody else have this much success with their bottom feeders?

I have a 38" tank and i would say a 10" tank. My bristlenose live in the 38".
Once a month i let em loose in my 10" tank that has nothing but algea. It cleans in bout 1 day. Theres no point to what i do... Lol just give them abit of heaven everyone once and a while, they love it!
But yeah, I got some kick ass algea cleaners, and should have bout 30 in a couple of days, they are having their first spawn.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back