Wow

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

CTlovesKS

Fish Herder
Reaction score
they are selling this at £150.00 at my local shop. I want him he is so big :D I would like to see the birds or cats try and take this !

DSC00660.jpg

Put it this way CT, fish don't put up a fight when people try to steal them and you can't exactly stick an alarm or lock on them in the same way you would a car...or house...or bike etc.

And they only need to steal a few specimens in one night to make as much as I make in a month!

Koi theft is apparently on the rise. :(

people have been stealing koi alot lately out of gardens to make profit some say that theyre using google earth to locate ponds

they have stolen one of our koi and 2 big/fat goldfish. we thought it was a cat or Herrin as we saw one but do you reckon its a thief then ?

^^ Agreed.

Depending on the size of the fish I'd say they were stolen.
Though I don't know why people would steal goldfish? Perhaps they thought they were koi aswell...
Un-educated and un-scrupulous. :(

thieves will know the difference between koi and goldfish.

They will also know which are worth the money and which are not.

regarding the fish if you look about im sure you could get a better fish for the money. I would personally go with a smaller high quality koi and let it grow. If its in the right condition it will more than likely outgrow that.

they have stolen one of our koi and 2 big/fat goldfish. we thought it was a cat or Herrin as we saw one but do you reckon its a thief then ?

i would say it was a heron.

A heron took a 13-14 inch chagoi out of my pond (was about 2 years ago) She had abit of a belly as well. We now keep nets on the koi and goldfish pond and only remove them when were outside/have people over.

people have been stealing koi alot lately out of gardens to make profit some say that theyre using google earth to locate ponds

I've heard about this recently. A friends Dad has a HUGE Koi 'pond' (about 8 feet deep and 10 feet wide- filtration unit is an engineering feet :)) with some previous competition winners in there. He's installed a survailance camera specifficaly because of this threat.

....I'm pretty there is some poor spelling in there but it's late.

if your pond isnt netted the the heron is your thief,

did they add to many zeros and slip with the decimal point :crazy:

do you know who the breeder is and what it is?

just because its big doesnt mean it worth £150 quid

no it was from lfs... i would never buy one that big anyways. would rather start small and see them grow. like we have our 4 ghost koi... anyways i dont know any of the back ground info about it

is it a differnt like species eg japenese and ghost to the other one in the photo as its head is a lot different

is it a differnt like species eg japenese and ghost to the other one in the photo as its head is a lot different

no theres no different in koi except this i a poor/low standard. i would guess Israeli or a poor english example.

Most reactions

Back